Windows 10: failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

Discus and support failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, today i noticed my OS drive was not saving none of my files or libraries on my D drive. the difference of 20gb OS versus the D drive 900gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by n3wbie needs help, Mar 6, 2020.

1. failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

hello,

today i noticed my OS drive was not saving none of my files or libraries on my D drive.

the difference of 20gb OS versus the D drive 900gb was outlandish

after a complete mistake on my part.

After trying to merge files i ended up making my D drive to the Pictures library instead.

I tired to look up with no avail.

and when i try to restore my location i get the error "failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information"

please help my comp cant run like this. i screwed up and have no other help beside you nice folks.

:)

n3wbie needs help, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Changed Videos folder and can't reset it to default or change it

Hi Jackie,

The Error message "Failed to build the list of regular sub-directories under "D:\System Volume Information". "Access Denied." could be due to administrative account restrictions or permissions.

We would like to know if you're using an Administrator account?

We suggest that you check the information and solution given on this
    article
    about "Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Mar 6, 2020
  3. System Volume Information

Actually, there's a 3rd file, but it's hidden. Its name is 'tracking.log'.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Mar 6, 2020
  4. failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

System Volume Information

Code:
    K:\>cacls "System Volume Information" /t /g everyone:f

Are you sure (Y/N)?y

processed dir: K:\System Volume Information

processed file: K:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid

processed file: K:\System Volume Information\WPSettings.dat

K:\>dir  /s  /a  /p

Volume in drive K is MoviesP

Volume Serial Number is FE5A-E574

Directory of K:\

19-04-29  15:25    <DIR>          System Volume Information

0 File(s)              0 bytes

Directory of K:\System Volume Information

19-04-29  15:25    <DIR>          .

19-04-29  15:25    <DIR>          ..

19-04-29  15:11                76 IndexerVolumeGuid

19-04-29  15:11                12 WPSettings.dat

2 File(s)             88 bytes

Total Files Listed:

2 File(s)             88 bytes

3 Dir(s)  4,000,439,881,728 bytes free
    That leaves 310,615,976 bytes unaccounted.
    Knowledge is always worth the time and effort.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

1. failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information - Similar Threads - failed build list

2. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  3. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  4. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my documents folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen. Please help...
  5. System Volume Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Volume Information: I make my backups in D drive and have turned the system protection off from the control panel. I backup using the windows 7 backup and restore from the control panel . The issue that whenever I do it the System Volume Info folder in the E drive starts filling automatically....
  6. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories: I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default". Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "I:\System Volume Information". Access is defied. It is a permissions thing, but when...
  7. "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied": After I've move Downloads Folder from C(SSD) to D(HDD) driver. So, the Downloads Folder in direction C:\User\MyName\Downloads was disappeared. I wanted to recover Downloads Folder in C driver back but I got this error....
  8. System Volume Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Volume Information: Is it possible to consolidate the System Volume Information on my HDD, it is currently spread in quite a few places on my hard drive and wish to consolidate it all into one place on my HDD, Is this possible?...
  9. System volume information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System volume information: A friend of mine put my pendrive into his pc, after inserting it into pc later I found a fold named system volume information, curiously I clicked on the file in the folder and there was a pop up like command prompt,then nothing happened. After a while all my desktop apps...
  10. Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders

in Windows 10 News
    Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders: [ATTACH] If you configured a new GPO which redirects User folders to a new network share, or you click on Reset default location under Windows File Explorer or Folder Options, you receive a message – Folder Redirection Failed, Failed to build [...] This post Folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to build the last of regular subdirectories under f:\system volume information

2. how to fix problem failed to build the list of subordinates under d:\system volume information.acesss id s dienied

3. failed to build the list of regular subdi

4. failed to build list of subdirectories system volume information,
  5. failed to build the list of regular sub directories