Windows 10: "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

Discus and support "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I've move Downloads Folder from C(SSD) to D(HDD) driver. So, the Downloads Folder in direction C:\User\MyName\Downloads was disappeared. I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SherkShred, Feb 18, 2019.

1. "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

After I've move Downloads Folder from C(SSD) to D(HDD) driver. So, the Downloads Folder in direction C:\User\MyName\Downloads was disappeared. I wanted to recover Downloads Folder in C driver back but I got this error.

:)

SherkShred, Feb 18, 2019
  2. WellsLeo Win User

Window's folder location

"failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under dsystem volume information. access is denied." -Microsoft technicians could'nt figure out after 3 hours of wasting my time either.

WellsLeo, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Can't Restore Desktop to Original Location

Hi,

I moved my Desktop to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Desktop shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to restore it to its original location, but it fails and I receive this error: Failed to build the list of regular
    subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied.

Is there a way to fix this without having to create a new user?

Thanks!

DenniRussel, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Al Aqsa Win User

"Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

File/Folder permission

I was trying to move the download folder to D and forgot to make and select "Downloads" folder. So, my D Drive is the download folder. Clicking on the download icon will redirect me to D. Then I tried to restore it back to C:\users\"myusername"\Downloads.
    Then an error message pop up saying:

"Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied."

Is there any way to move it back/undo it ?

Thanks "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied" :)

Al Aqsa, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

"Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

1. "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied" - Similar Threads - Failed build list

2. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  3. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  4. " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied": After installing Windows10 from windows 7 Pro I lost access to my external drives. All USB drives and CDRom drive. The error that I get is " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied" Can somebody help me with this?...
  5. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my documents folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen. Please help...
  6. Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...

Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...: Hello: I wanted to move my Downloads folder to my D disk because I was running out of storage on my C disk. I had already moved my Documents and Pictures folders there: [ATTACH] However, when I was changing the file location, I made a mistake, and instead of moving to...
  7. D:\ not accessible Access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\ not accessible Access denied: After "upgrading" to windows 10, laptop wouldn't play DVDs. Paid for and downloaded driver and it worked for maybe 3 movies. Now it says "D:\is not accessible" and "access denied" What's going on?...
  8. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories: I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default". Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "I:\System Volume Information". Access is defied. It is a permissions thing, but when...
  9. failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information: hello, today i noticed my OS drive was not saving none of my files or libraries on my D drive. the difference of 20gb OS versus the D drive 900gb was outlandish after a complete mistake on my part. After trying to merge files i ended up making my D drive to the...
  10. Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders

in Windows 10 News
    Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders: [ATTACH] If you configured a new GPO which redirects User folders to a new network share, or you click on Reset default location under Windows File Explorer or Folder Options, you receive a message – Folder Redirection Failed, Failed to build [...] This post Folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to build the list of subdirectories

2. failed to build the list of subdirectories under

3. Failed to build the subfolders under D:\WindowsApps

4. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information,
  5. failed to build the list of regular subdirections,
  6. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories,
  7. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery,
  8. the folder cant be moved here failed to build the list of regular subdirectories,
  9. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under f\system\volume information access is denied,
  10. failed to build the list of subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information Access Denied,
  11. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under system volume directory,
  12. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under E:\System Volume Information. Access is denied.,
  13. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under d:\system volume information access is denied,
  14. failed to build system volume information,
  15. failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under dsystem volume information. access is denied