Windows 10: Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

Discus and support Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default". Failed to build the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Apr 28, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default".

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "I:\System Volume Information".
    Access is defied.

It is a permissions thing, but when I check under "Your info", it says "Local account / administrator".
    Why is everything so complicated and confusing under Win10?

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories [​IMG]

:)

dictum, Apr 28, 2020
  2. WellsLeo Win User

Window's folder location

"failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under dsystem volume information. access is denied." -Microsoft technicians could'nt figure out after 3 hours of wasting my time either.

WellsLeo, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Keith A. Miller, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Changed Videos folder and can't reset it to default or change it

We found a thread similar to your concern with solution and already marked as answer. Please check the troubleshooting steps provided by CamJW on this

link

If the solutions provided on the link didn't work, we suggest that you check the private message that we've sent to you.

Please refer to this article for the information on how to open a private message.

Regards.

Remon Ont, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories - Similar Threads - Failed build list

2. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  3. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  4. Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties: Hi - I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am setting up a new PC which has an SSD C: for programs and HDD D: for data. I have successfully relocated the regular subdirectories Docs/photos etc. to the HDD for my profile, but when I attempt the same for other...
  5. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my documents folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen. Please help...
  6. Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...

Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...: Hello: I wanted to move my Downloads folder to my D disk because I was running out of storage on my C disk. I had already moved my Documents and Pictures folders there: [ATTACH] However, when I was changing the file location, I made a mistake, and instead of moving to...
  7. failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information: hello, today i noticed my OS drive was not saving none of my files or libraries on my D drive. the difference of 20gb OS versus the D drive 900gb was outlandish after a complete mistake on my part. After trying to merge files i ended up making my D drive to the...
  8. Take ownership subdirectories fail

Take ownership subdirectories fail: I take ownership of a folder it works on that folder. But all the folders underneath create errors cannot enumerate, no permission. How do I get around this without dealing with each folder by hand separately?...
  9. "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

"Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied": After I've move Downloads Folder from C(SSD) to D(HDD) driver. So, the Downloads Folder in direction C:\User\MyName\Downloads was disappeared. I wanted to recover Downloads Folder in C driver back but I got this error....
  10. Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders

in Windows 10 News
    Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders: [ATTACH] If you configured a new GPO which redirects User folders to a new network share, or you click on Reset default location under Windows File Explorer or Folder Options, you receive a message – Folder Redirection Failed, Failed to build [...] This post Folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix problem failed to build the list of subordinates under d:\system volume information.acesss id s dienied

2. Moving downloads from local to one drive error Failed to build the list of known subdirectories