Windows 10: Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

Discus and support Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KamChuen, Jun 25, 2019.

1. KamChuen Win User

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

Hi,

Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I download "Bluetooth LE Explorer" from Microsoft Store and run it.

On "Discover and Pair", I can find the designated device

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device e5b88066-a245-4e15-8224-406ad63d10b8?upload=true.png

But it returns "Connection error" at once.

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device 8bae2818-8939-4f21-8f36-c37ec74d0550?upload=true.png

According to the source code, it should be the function returns null

BluetoothLEDevice = await BluetoothLEDevice.FromIdAsync(DeviceInfo.Id);

However, I double checked that my laptop can pair with device and it can run "Virtual Peripheral" successfully.

I tried disable "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise" but the connection still failed.

Any advice in further troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

KC

:)

KamChuen, Jun 25, 2019

2. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device [​IMG]

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device [​IMG]

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Jun 25, 2019
  3. xy_1 Win User
    Cannot unpair Bluetooth device

Thanks for your reply. I tried the Audio trouble shooting. It said the Bose speaker was unplugged. But as the Bluetooth device was in paired state and it could be not connected.

I also tried to unpair the other devices like keyboard and mouse and maybe for the same reason, they could not be unpaired.

4. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

I am having issues connecting my bluetooth headphones to my computer. When I go to connect using the bluetooth settings -> "Add bluetooth or other device", I am able to see my headphones in two listings: "Bose AE2 Soundlink" and "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink".

I can connect to the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink", but this does not provide any audio connection between my computer and headphones. My headphones do not indicate any connection with my computer. In the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers,
    the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink" is listed under "Unspecified".

I cannot connect to the "Bose AE2 Soundlink" at all. When trying to connect, the "Add bluetooth or other device" option returns with "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again".

These issues began around mid to end of October 2018. I was previously able to use my bluetooth headphones with my computer without issue. I am using Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth hardware.

I believe the issue is related to using bluetooth LE connections for headphones. I have also looked into the "Bluetooth USB module" device details in the device manager and have looked through the properties. I noted one property: "Bluetooth radio are BR
    secure connections supported" value is "<false>", while the next property: "Bluetooth radio are LE secure connections supported" value is "<true>".

I have tried to connect other bluetooth headphones with the same results as the Bose AE2 Soundlink.

Are my connection problems related to the Bluetooth LE connections? Are they related to the BR (basic rate) connections? Is this a hardware issue?

I have tried the following known resolutions, and all have failed:

1) Updating Bluetooth Drivers

2) Uninstalling and Reinstalling Bluetooth Drivers

3) Uninstalling Bluetooth Device, Forgetting all connections on bluetooth headphones, then trying to reconnect bluetooth headphones

4) Running Bluetooth troubleshooter

5) Running hardware and devices troubleshooter

CM BT issues, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

1. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device - Similar Threads - Failed connection unpaired

2. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  3. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  4. Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair: My airpods are already paired to bluetooth but they won't connect. I tried to removing them but it didn't work. I tried turning bluetooth on and off and it didn't work. I ran the bluetooth trouble shooter and it said it was working fine. I also tried updating my bluetooth...
  5. Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair: My airpods are already paired to bluetooth but they won't connect. I tried to removing them but it didn't work. I tried turning bluetooth on and off and it didn't work. I ran the bluetooth trouble shooter and it said it was working fine. I also tried updating my bluetooth...
  6. Unable to unpair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to unpair bluetooth devices: Starting this thread to attempt to diagnose this issue. Bluetooth devices will not unpair, when this is attempted it says that the attempt failed. I've tried several other options as well including reinstalling bluetooth drivers, removing bluetooth devices from device...
  7. Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect: I started having this issue on my newly built PC where my Logictech MX Master 2S mouse fails to reconnect automatically after the PC restarts/wakes up from sleep. I use a generic usb bluetooth dongle and I have disabled the option of allowing the computer to turn off the...
  8. LE bluetooth device connections: what are they used for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LE bluetooth device connections: what are they used for?: I have a pair of wireless headphones and a wireless speaker. i can turn both on and connect them to my win10 computer fine, BUT: -My headphones can't be discovered or turned on when the switch on them is switched to off. -My headphones offer two connections, standard and...
  9. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired: The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something...
  10. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetoothenabled devices located nearby each other. If one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hacker my bluetooth transmitting data unpaired

2. unpaired device info