Windows 10: Failed to create D3D Device

Discus and support Failed to create D3D Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I try to open Counter Strike the game just fails to open. The main application doesn't open and a pop up saying "Failed to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pedro_Lopess, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Failed to create D3D Device

Hello,

Whenever I try to open Counter Strike the game just fails to open.

The main application doesn't open and a pop up saying "Failed to create D3D Device" appears.

I've tried to

-> Uninstall Graphics Driver

-> Update Graphics Driver

-> Reinstall the game

:)

Pedro_Lopess, Sep 5, 2018

2. Failed to create D3D device

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and all my games stopped working. Most of the games fail with Failed to create D3D device. I also updated my GPU drivers to Nvidia 352.84, but the errors still persist.

PankajKumar Yadav, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Failed to create D3D device

so is there no fix to this, windows 10, i5 4440k 960gtx msi failed to create d3d device... drivers are all up to date, "verified the integrity of the game cache" through the steam app. made sure native resolutions were set at the right setting, restarted,
    shut down, unplugged/replugged hardware... cant play counterstrike

breakingwindowsoverhere, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Failed to create D3D Device

failed to create d3d device

I bought a lappy 1 week ago having windows 10. i was before using a windows 7 laptop and i upgraded to windows 10 lappy.

all the games were running good on win 7 but on win 10 even a single game dosent start it always shows failed to create d3d device.

i am using intel i3 6th gen

with amd readon r5m430 graphics version 21.19.136.513 i have updated and this is the latest the lappy shows. also having intel hd 520 coupled with 8gb ram

any solution would be very helpfull.

rahuljain605, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Failed to create D3D Device

1. Failed to create D3D Device - Similar Threads - Failed create D3D

2. Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c: Hi i recently installed a game .when running the application on the first try it says;"Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c"windows 10 and all drivers have been updated to the latest versionIf someone could help me I really need some...
  3. Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c: Hi i recently installed a game .when running the application on the first try it says;"Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c"windows 10 and all drivers have been updated to the latest versionIf someone could help me I really need some...
  4. Failed to create d3d device.Application will now exit. error= 0*8876086c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost: I can not play any game, everytime I open a game it will crash soon and say my D3D device being lost. I have updated directx already, don't know what went wrong with this new computer....
  6. Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost: I can not play any game, everytime I open a game it will crash soon and say my D3D device being lost. I have updated directx already, don't know what went wrong with this new computer....
  7. Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device — VirtualBox error

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device — VirtualBox error: [ATTACH]You may get the Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device error when you try to plug in an external USB device like a hard drive in VirtualBox on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. This post provides the most applicable solutions to the issue for...
  8. D3D device crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D3D device crash: How do I fix this, and should I be worried? This is a brand new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d3d-device-crash/6f26f170-114e-4439-bc33-90fbf6789a84
  9. D3D device crash

D3D device crash: How do I fix this, and should I be worried? This is a brand new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d3d-device-crash/6f26f170-114e-4439-bc33-90fbf6789a84
  10. "The chosen D3D device doesn't support depth bounds testing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The chosen D3D device doesn't support depth bounds testing": Whenever I try to launch DIRT 5, which I installed off game pass, instead of the game, this message pops up. I couldn't find any solutions on Google, so I presume it doesn't happen often. Any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to create d3d device

2. failed to create d3d device csgo

3. failed to create d3d device source film maker

4. what happen if a game wont open because the d3d is gone