Windows 10: Failed to Enumerate

Discus and support Failed to Enumerate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello: To switch to Windows 10 I bought a new computer to replace my old Windows 7 machine. I took the hard drive out of the old computer thinking I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damian Gadal, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Failed to Enumerate

Hello:

To switch to Windows 10 I bought a new computer to replace my old Windows 7 machine. I took the hard drive out of the old computer thinking I could copy my files over to the new machine, but I can't access them. I thought it might just be a matter of changing the permissions on the folder where the files are stored, but now I'm getting a failed to enumerate message. Any suggestions on how to get the data off the old drive?

:)

Damian Gadal, Feb 24, 2020

2. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step:

Failed to Enumerate [​IMG]

The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to delete the folder. What else can I try? Thanks.

larrydonline, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Ms.Brook56, Feb 24, 2020
  4. mcpolamb Win User

Failed to Enumerate

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied. Permissions Issue with Windows 10

When I get to step 3 is when the "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied" message and can not go on from there. Help!

mcpolamb, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Failed to Enumerate

1. Failed to Enumerate - Similar Threads - Failed Enumerate

2. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  3. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  4. Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...: I connected Microsoft USB-C speaker via USB hub to USB-C port of Motherboard and it failed to enumerate.The speaker works fine when connected 1 directly to USBC port of motherboard 2 via USB dock.The speaker doesn't enumerate with multiple USB hubs "Device Descriptor Request...
  5. Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...

Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...: I connected Microsoft USB-C speaker via USB hub to USB-C port of Motherboard and it failed to enumerate.The speaker works fine when connected 1 directly to USBC port of motherboard 2 via USB dock.The speaker doesn't enumerate with multiple USB hubs "Device Descriptor Request...
  6. files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....: files in my microsoft windows 10this pc:\Local DiskC:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows Defender\ ScansYou don't currently have permission to access this folder on opening the file The problem is coming after clicking on continue to complete the process at the end Error...
  7. files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....: files in my microsoft windows 10this pc:\Local DiskC:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows Defender\ ScansYou don't currently have permission to access this folder on opening the file The problem is coming after clicking on continue to complete the process at the end Error...
  8. files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....

9. Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader: Hi,I have a smart card reader which successfully enumerates in windows 7 but fails in windows 8 and above with an error code 10 - Invalid parameter passed to service or a function.How can I get to know exactly for which parameter windows driver is failing? So that I can make...
  10. Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader

Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader: Hi,I have a smart card reader which successfully enumerates in windows 7 but fails in windows 8 and above with an error code 10 - Invalid parameter passed to service or a function.How can I get to know exactly for which parameter windows driver is failing? So that I can make...