Windows 10: Failed to extract archive

Discus and support Failed to extract archive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to install TurboTax 2020 and every time I click on the file I get Failed to extract archive. On their forum they have instructions which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarleneD123, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Failed to extract archive

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I'm trying to install TurboTax 2020 and every time I click on the file I get Failed to extract archive. On their forum they have instructions which I have tried several times and I still get the same error https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-failed-to-extract-archive/00/25728 - I have
    Windows 10 20H2​
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I called TurboTax and she had me do all of this again with the same results then she told me it was my computer and to contact Windows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Any help is appreciated[/COLOR]

:)

DarleneD123, Feb 17, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to uninstall files extracted from an archive

Hi Suryadeep

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

If you just extracted a RAR file into a folder, that application is a standalone application, it will not have an uninstaller and will not appear in the list of installed applications, you just need to delete the folder that you extracted that RAR archive into
    . . .

DaveM121, Feb 17, 2021
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Failed to extract archive

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Failed to extract archive

1. Failed to extract archive - Similar Threads - Failed extract archive

2. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  3. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  4. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failed to decompress the archive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to decompress the archive: I am trying to install a Epson ET2710 printer , my printer shows it is connected to the Internet but my PC with Windows 10 keeps giving me the error message Failed to decompress the archive. I have loaded Winzip and ran it through the administrator but still the same message...
  6. how to uninstall files extracted from an archive

how to uninstall files extracted from an archive: Can anybody help me out with this thing please? I recently installed an application by extracting the .exe file from WinRAR to a folder, but now I need to uninstall it, the application also doesn't appear on the Control Panel Uninstall an application list. Thank you...
  7. How to create self-extracting archives on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create self-extracting archives on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A self-extracting archive is useful; it allows you to extract archives without additional software. All you have to do is double click the archive and […] This article How to create self-extracting archives on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. tar on windows fails to extract archive containing symlink

tar on windows fails to extract archive containing symlink: Running tar xjf libexpat-libexpat-R_2_2_6.tar.gz gives the following error: libexpat-R_2_2_6/README.md: Can't create '\\\\?\\C:\\current\\dir\\libexpat-R_2_2_6\\README.md' tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors. The archive can be downloaded from GitHub:...
  9. failed to decompress the archives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to decompress the archives: I try to install epson xp257 and only get failed to decompress the archives. According to epson, they have no problem with the file, it is a common problem with windows 10. How do I solve it....
  10. Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete: Hi all, I'm looking for a streamlined way of handling downloaded ZIP files (and other archives). I use Chrome as my primary browser if there's an extension that does this. I primarily use 7-Zip, but I do own a WinRAR license. I want archives to automatically unpack...