Windows 10: Failed to find Audio Device - Win10 doesnt recognise my soundcard?

Discus and support Failed to find Audio Device - Win10 doesnt recognise my soundcard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, Seems ive become a frequenter on this forum and ive only had win10 for about 2 weeks! My laptop does not want to recognise the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackageo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. jackageo Win User

Failed to find Audio Device - Win10 doesnt recognise my soundcard?

Hi All,

Seems ive become a frequenter on this forum and ive only had win10 for about 2 weeks!

My laptop does not want to recognise the sound card/audio driver that are built into it. The fun part is this just happened. Audio played yesterday, and the time before that, and even before the upgrade. The only thing that has changed (or at least is the biggest change i can think of) is downloading and installing Cygwin (sans audio packages).

In trying to play a song on the new microsoft Groove, i get this;

Failed to find Audio Device - Win10 doesnt recognise my soundcard? [​IMG]

Further inspection in the playback devices, the only two options are the Speakers/Headphones and communications Headphones, the former of which i can only assume is my actual computer speakers (otherwise its completely gone!).

Looking at the device manager, everything seems okay. All the drivers are up to date so im not sure what could be wrong there?

Just for everyones information, its Windows 10 pro (upgraded from Win7 Pro) and the computer is a Dell Precision M4600. Any more important information about the computer just ask, naturally as im asking for help, im all ears and very cooperative! (p.s. im pretty sure the audio driver is in the device manager image)

Thank you all!

EDIT: Its probably worth mentioning that when headphones are plugged in, sound plays all good.

:)

jackageo, Aug 18, 2015

2. SanDisk USB drive not working in Windows 10 (which was working fine last week)

Have got the same problem: sandisk "ultra Fit" 64gb flash drive (exFAT) isn't recognised by two PCs with win10. It does work with win7 laptop at usb 2.0 port without problems.

Win 10 does not recognise it at all - there is nothing at device manager or administrative tools. Tryed to uninstal usb drivers - did not help. Win USB troubleshooter says usb controller is in failed state or is not currently installed at one of the PC,
    at another one it does not find any issues, but PC still did not see my flash device.

Both of the win10 PC see other usb 2.0 and 3.0 storage devices.

AlekseiGedz, Aug 18, 2015
  3. jezkidd Win User
    problems syncing n96 with wmp vista home

wmp recognises my device but doesnt let me sync. the memory shows calculating but doesnt complete

jezkidd, Aug 18, 2015
  4. jackageo Win User

So no one seemed to be interested in this post. However after having a good dig around, it appears restoring the defaults on the audio device fixed the problem. Still, this seems to be more of a blackbox solution in that I still don't know what caused it to prevent it in future, but oh well. A solution is still a solution.

jackageo, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Failed to find Audio Device - Win10 doesnt recognise my soundcard? - Similar Threads - Failed find Audio

2. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft doesnt recognise my account: I can no longer access my microsoft account on my computer. When I try and sign into my account it tells me that my account doesnt exist. However I can still sign into microsoft website with my email and password. not sure what to do. much appreciated RegardsFiachra...
  3. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft doesnt recognise my account: I can no longer access my microsoft account on my computer. When I try and sign into my account it tells me that my account doesnt exist. However I can still sign into microsoft website with my email and password. not sure what to do. much appreciated RegardsFiachra...
  4. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Audio Input Device Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input Device Not Recognised: As the title says my recently purchased microphone isn't showing up as an input device. this is the error code 0x80004003but i have seen the other related posts and for some reason the update that allegedly caused the fault isn't showing up on my uninstall updates tab even...
  6. Audio Input Device Not Recognised

Audio Input Device Not Recognised: As the title says my recently purchased microphone isn't showing up as an input device. this is the error code 0x80004003but i have seen the other related posts and for some reason the update that allegedly caused the fault isn't showing up on my uninstall updates tab even...
  7. My pc doesnt recognise me connecting my controller and doesnt appear on devices. So what...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc doesnt recognise me connecting my controller and doesnt appear on devices. So what...: Recently my pc had a fresh start were i had to reinstall windows again. I would insert my dualshock 4 controller via usb cable and it wouldnt show up on my screen the notification that windows sends when setting up a device and neither did it show up on the devices connected....
  8. soundcard audio output not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    soundcard audio output not recognized: my audio from back of my desktop wont appear on my playback device selector. if i plug headphones to my front panel 3.5 jack it does appear as a selectable device, and there is no issues in the device manager audio tab. so i guess its nothing wrong with the integrated sound...
  9. iTunes doesnt recognise my iPhone

iTunes doesnt recognise my iPhone: As the title says iTunes doesn't recognise my iPhone. When I connect my iPhone to my windows10 pc it doesn't show in iTunes, when I run the diagnostics device connectivity test, it comes back with iPod support services is not installed. Also, I don't know if this another...
  10. Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?: Is my soundcard broken? Just a day ago I accidentally yanked my headphone cord while it was in the socket(the one on the back of my desktop). This broke the plastic around the edge. Now when I plug my headphones in again, the sound is missing half of the...