Windows 10: Failed to Fork error with Ubuntu on Windows 10

Discus and support Failed to Fork error with Ubuntu on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Ubuntu terminal may throw out an error – Failed to fork on Windows 10. This terminal gets installed under the feature of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Failed to Fork error with Ubuntu on Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 21, 2019
  2. zithe Win User

Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown Failed to Fork error with Ubuntu on Windows 10 :(

zithe, Jul 21, 2019
  3. rboppy Win User
    Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Gymbos Win User

Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Failed to Fork error with Ubuntu on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Failed Fork error

2. Ubuntu Error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Error 0x80070002: I tried installing wsl and had an issue where Ubuntu had closed before i could put in my password. Now when i open it i get this stringInstalling, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070002 Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the...
  3. Ubuntu Error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ubuntu Error 0x80070002: I tried installing wsl and had an issue where Ubuntu had closed before i could put in my password. Now when i open it i get this stringInstalling, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070002 Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the...
  4. error in ubuntu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error in ubuntu: hi everyone is was installing chrome os using ubuntu software but there came an error "WSL1 is not supported, please install WSL2 to use this installer"i watched many video's on YouTube and tried them but still nothing is happening i can't restart ubuntu and windows because i...
  5. error in ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in ubuntu: hi everyone is was installing chrome os using ubuntu software but there came an error "WSL1 is not supported, please install WSL2 to use this installer"i watched many video's on YouTube and tried them but still nothing is happening i can't restart ubuntu and windows because i...
  6. error in ubuntu

7. Fix WslRegisterDistribution failed with error 0xc03a001a when launching Ubuntu

in Windows 10 News
    Fix WslRegisterDistribution failed with error 0xc03a001a when launching Ubuntu: Even after getting all the requirements checked, you may experience issues while installing the Windows Subsystem for Linux. For instance, when you try to launch Ubuntu from the Microsoft Store, an error message may appear on your computer reading, WslRegisterDistribution...
  8. Windows 10 and Ubuntu

Windows 10 and Ubuntu: How can I install Ubuntu on Windows 10 computer? It was not easy. There were errors! 165397
  9. Ubuntu - WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070001

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ubuntu - WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070001: On Windows Server 2019 Standard (64bit OS) - Build 17763.615, when trying to install Ubuntu on WSL (by following https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-on-server), I have this error: Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed...
  10. Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error: Hello, I have had Ubuntu Dualbooted with Windows 10 (Upgraded from Windows 7) on my computer for a while. I decided to remove Ubuntu. I used the “Bootrec /fixmbr” to replace the linux boot with windows boot. I then deleted the linux partition and restarted. To my surprise,...