Windows 10: Failed to Initialize Selected Scanner

Discus and support Failed to Initialize Selected Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Installing an Oki MC362 Printer/Scanner. Configured as a network scanner. Device manager indicates the device is working properly. Configuring the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian Posner, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Failed to Initialize Selected Scanner

Installing an Oki MC362 Printer/Scanner. Configured as a network scanner.

Device manager indicates the device is working properly.

Configuring the device as a WIA2 device and attempting a scan brings up the scanner native dialog. So far so good.

However attempting to add a scanner profile brings up the "Failed to initialize Selected Scanner"

Have attempted a number of reinstallations including installing the Oki Scanner Driver

What could be wrong?

:)

Ian Posner, Sep 23, 2019

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Failed to Initialize Selected Scanner

No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Failed to Initialize Selected Scanner

1. Failed to Initialize Selected Scanner - Similar Threads - Failed Initialize Selected

2. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  3. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  4. process1 initialization failed

process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  5. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  7. Storage initialization fail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage initialization fail: Storage initialization fail in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-initialization-fail/b4d566b6-d144-4c14-99a4-27cbaa81f261"
  8. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  9. Failed to Initialize OpenCL

Failed to Initialize OpenCL: First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. [img] Any ideas? 29754
  10. Failed to initialize SdAppServices

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to initialize SdAppServices: I've begun to get this pop up, about once a day, saying "Failed it initialize SdAppServices." No other information is available in the box. It happens at random times; has nothing to do with anything that I am doing at the time. Recently, it popped up when I was browsing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to initialize selected scanner

2. failed to initialize selected scanner kyocera

3. kodak scanner wont initialize

4. ارور Failed to initialize selected scannerرفع ,
  5. scanner wont initialize windows 10,
  6. unable to initialize scanner,
  7. hp failed to initialize selected scanner,
  8. windows fax and scan failed to initializen sleceted scanner,
  9. canon api failed to initialize,
  10. innopsys scnanner initialization has failed,
  11. scansoft scanner has failed to initialize support,
  12. Failed to initialize scanner: InitScanner() failed.,
  13. windows fax and scan cant create profile because it failes to initialize scanner,
  14. failed to initialize scanner windows 10,
  15. how to make current printer a scanner canon failed to initalize scanner