Windows 10: Failed to initialize shared canvas

Discus and support Failed to initialize shared canvas in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I realise that this is a very old issue (and that WLM is technically retired) but I have a new W10 laptop and I get the message 'Failed to initialize... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PeterH12, Jun 8, 2019.

1. PeterH12 Win User

Failed to initialize shared canvas

I realise that this is a very old issue (and that WLM is technically retired) but I have a new W10 laptop and I get the message 'Failed to initialize shared canvas' when I open WLM. As my other W10 laptops continue to work with WLM I would like to keep WLM as my main email for as long as possible. This only prevents me sending email, not receiving, so is there a simple fix? I have read many comments on this issue going back several years but no clarity over a straightforward fix. Thanks.
    PS apologies if I've selected the wrong 'topic' from the list but its not obvious which to select.

:)

PeterH12, Jun 8, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Kingston Digital Announces New Canvas Series of Flash Cards

Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, announced today its new series of 'Canvas' Flash memory cards. Canvas will offer three different variations in both SD and microSD cards: Select, Go, and React to suit consumers' needs.

With the Canvas line of memory cards, users and creators can choose the best storage medium available. The cards are designed to provide the reliability, flexibility and performance needed for any project. Along with tested durability, users will have the confidence to bring Canvas cards wherever their imagination takes them.

Failed to initialize shared canvas Wke2cKBLjP4y4CYB_thm.jpg

Failed to initialize shared canvas oIk5BUvurI1t0dBZ_thm.jpg

Failed to initialize shared canvas 8OVndY858top7Inf_thm.jpg

The Canvas card series include:

Canvas Select:
    • Designed to be reliable, making it ideal for filming in HD and shooting hi-res photos on either point and shoot cameras or smartphones.
    • Class 10 UHS-I speeds up to 80 MB/s read.
    • SD in capacities up to 128GB and microSD up to 256GB available now.
    Canvas Go:
    • For on-the-go shooters making it ideal for filming life's adventures in 1080P or even 4K on DSLR, drone or action camera.
    • Class 10 UHS-I U3 speeds up to 90 MB/s read, 45 MB/s write.
    • SD in capacities up to 512GB and microSD up to 128GB.
    Canvas React:
    • Designed to be as fast as you are, capturing 4K video or taking stunning burst-mode photos on DSLR, mirrorless camera, or smartphone.
    • Class 10 UHS-I U3 speeds up to 100 MB/s read, 80 MB/s write.
    • SD in capacities up to 256GB and microSD up to 128GB.
    "We are always determined to create new and improved storage solutions that meet our customers' needs," said Annette Chan, Flash card business manager, Kingston. "Canvas Flash cards are durable, high in storage capacities and have fast transfer speeds to capture all of life's memories anywhere."

Canvas Flash cards are backed by a lifetime warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.

btarunr, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Failed to initialize shared canvas

bl initialize library failed 0xc0000bb

Let's try to use system restore instead. Follow the steps below:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut
      down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You
      may need to perform this up to 3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup
      Recovery, Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore,
      and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

If the steps above fails, we suggest that you boot your computer in Safe Mode (while in the Recovery Environment) and see if it helps. Follow the steps below on how
    to boot in Safe Mode:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and click Restart.

• Upon restart, click/press 4 to boot into Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode does not work, we may need to Reset your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Reset this PC.

• Choose to keep all your files and applications. This will re-install Windows 10 whilst keeping your data and applications.

Update us after you perform the steps.

Radney Dri, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Failed to initialize shared canvas

1. Failed to initialize shared canvas - Similar Threads - Failed initialize shared

2. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  3. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  4. process1 initialization failed

process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  5. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  7. Storage initialization fail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage initialization fail: Storage initialization fail in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-initialization-fail/b4d566b6-d144-4c14-99a4-27cbaa81f261"
  8. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  9. Failed to Initialize OpenCL

Failed to Initialize OpenCL: First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. [img] Any ideas? 29754
  10. Initial connection to workroup share fails, but succeeds after repeat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Initial connection to workroup share fails, but succeeds after repeat?: I've just clean installed the first computer on our little office network to Windows 10 and I'm seeing some strange and unreliable behaviour for connecting to workgroup shares. We are not using domains or Microsoft accounts. The Windows 10 computer is just using a local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Failed to initialize Shared Canvas

2. failed to initialize shared canvas windows 10

3. failed to initialize shared canvas#

4. failed initial shared canvas,
  5. Failed to initiate shared canvas error message live essentials