Windows 10: "Failed to initialize the microphone" Error code 0x8889000f

Discus and support "Failed to initialize the microphone" Error code 0x8889000f in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have to constantly uninstall my microphone driver and restart the computer to reinstall it as it constantly fails throughout my day. I use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MJWiggins1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. "Failed to initialize the microphone" Error code 0x8889000f

I have to constantly uninstall my microphone driver and restart the computer to reinstall it as it constantly fails throughout my day. I use my microphone with several programs and this is insanely inconvenient as it happens at least once, if not 2 or three times a day.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo C740

I have spoken to Lenovo tech and the tech of several programs I use. I was finally told that I am getting system errors within Windows.

What can I do?

Besides throw the computer out the window??

:)

MJWiggins1, Sep 16, 2020
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Sep 16, 2020
  3. System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

Hi,

Based on the details that have shared on your post, it seems that you have already identified why the error occurs when you are attempting to perform a System Restore. Having said that, we would like to verify if you have tried the initial troubleshooting
    steps suggested in this article: System Restore may fail with error code 0x8007045b if
    there is encrypted content in the restore point
    . Kindly advise us if the solution works or if you have also encountered a different error code so we can provide additional help.

We'll wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

"Failed to initialize the microphone" Error code 0x8889000f

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

"Failed to initialize the microphone" Error code 0x8889000f

1. "Failed to initialize the microphone" Error code 0x8889000f - Similar Threads - Failed initialize microphone

2. Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424: Whenever I try to launch Windows sandbox, it shows an error 0x80070424, the specified service does not exist as an installed service. I tried running sfc scan, restarting services, re-enabling features, restarting PC, nothing helped. I tried looking this error up on web, but...
  3. Stop code: PROCESS INITIALIZATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: PROCESS INITIALIZATION FAILED: I need help please. I have been trying to restart now in advanced startup from recovery in settings and it has been prompting stop code: PROCESS1 INITIALIZATION FAILED. My windows is up to date, i have also tried scanning from terminal administrator everything is fine....
  4. Stop code: PROCESS INITIALIZATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code: PROCESS INITIALIZATION FAILED: I need help please. I have been trying to restart now in advanced startup from recovery in settings and it has been prompting stop code: PROCESS1 INITIALIZATION FAILED. My windows is up to date, i have also tried scanning from terminal administrator everything is fine....
  5. Windows Sandbox failed to initialize, Error 0x800700cb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failed to initialize, Error 0x800700cb: Hi, I started getting the following error every time I try to start Windows Sandbox on Windows 11: Windows Sandbox failed to initialize. Error 0x800700cb. The system could not find the environment option that was entered. It used to work fairly recently, and I don't recall...
  6. Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error: ive been experiencing this error every time i open windows Sandboxi do haveHyperV enabledVirtualization enabled in biosthe requirments for windows sandboxi re-enabled windows sandbox but it happend againmy pc specs:8GB RAM i5- intel iris XE pro...
  7. Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error: ive been experiencing this error every time i open windows Sandboxi do haveHyperV enabledVirtualization enabled in biosthe requirments for windows sandboxi re-enabled windows sandbox but it happend againmy pc specs:8GB RAM i5- intel iris XE pro...
  8. DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users after installing the Virtual DJ or any such software on their […] This article DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  10. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac