Windows 10: Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC

Discus and support Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As i need to install a software for working which need to install the .net framework 4.6.2 on my window 10 workstation.I tried to manually download it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KwokLarry1, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC

As i need to install a software for working which need to install the .net framework 4.6.2 on my window 10 workstation.I tried to manually download it from microsoft page and install but it have the following error.Then, i tried to turn on the feature as below but also failed.May I know how to fix it? Thanks for your help.

:)

KwokLarry1, Oct 20, 2021

2. Install .Net Framework 4.0 for Win10

Hello Yang,

We would like to know the configuration of your Windows 10 PC prior to the installation of
    .NET Framework 4. We need to check if .NET Framework is enabled on
    Windows Features.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Windows Features.
    • Select Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Confirm if the check box for .NET Framework 3.5 and
      .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services
      is selected.
    • If its both items are enabled, clear the check box, and then click OK.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Download and reinstall .NET Framework 4.

Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC e13a27f0-4a0d-4faf-8919-2d0c054eb214.png

You can get the installer for .NET Framework 4 below. You can choose between a web installer and a standalone installer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Problems with .NET Framework 4 Full installation

Hi,

Based on your post, it does seem like the Net Framework is still installed on your PC. Having said that, we would like to recommend a thread that we found that can help you solve your concern. To view the suggested steps from the community members who experienced
    the same issue, check this thread:
    .NET Framework 4 & 4.5 won't install because it is already installed; Windows 10 : December

We will wait for your update.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC

1. Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Failed install net

2. .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed: So I've been trying to download .NET Framework 3.5 to run other programs, but I keep hitting a wall when it says "The SMI primitive installer failed during installation". Now I've already tried troubling shooting windows update, installing it by opening Windows Features &...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed: So I've been trying to download .NET Framework 3.5 to run other programs, but I keep hitting a wall when it says "The SMI primitive installer failed during installation". Now I've already tried troubling shooting windows update, installing it by opening Windows Features &...
  4. Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC: As i need to install a software for working which need to install the .net framework 4.6.2 on my window 10 workstation.I tried to manually download it from microsoft page and install but it have the following error.Then, i tried to turn on the feature as below but also...
  5. Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install .net framework 4.6.2 on my Win10 PC: As i need to install a software for working which need to install the .net framework 4.6.2 on my window 10 workstation.I tried to manually download it from microsoft page and install but it have the following error.Then, i tried to turn on the feature as below but also...
  6. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  7. SCCM install of .NET Framework 4.7.2 to Win10

SCCM install of .NET Framework 4.7.2 to Win10: Sorry if this ends up in the wrong topic... I'm trying to install .NET Framework 4.7.2, Release 461808 to a Win10 machine as a dependency for some software. It's failing. During a manual install of this .NET it reports that ".NET Framework 4.7.2 or later update is already...
  8. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  9. failed to install NET 3.5 Framework

failed to install NET 3.5 Framework: I have a new Thinkpad X1 Carbon and Windows Pro on it. I need to install NET 3.5. So I go to the control panel and type "Windows Features". It opens a box and I click on "NET Framework 3.5 ... and click also the sub-entries. then OK. a box opens where it wants "Download files...
  10. Cant install .net framework 3.5 on win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install .net framework 3.5 on win10: Hello guys as the title says i cant install .net framework 3.5 on my pc , i've tried to install using internet but it keep says "searching for required files". And i've also try to install with cmd DSIM but still nothing happens. I don't know what to do guys can someone...