Windows 10: "Failed to load the provider" means what?

Discus and support "Failed to load the provider" means what? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I run 'DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH', the resulting DISM.LOG includes this: 2018-10-18 17:23:35, Warning DISM DISM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 18, 2018.

1. "Failed to load the provider" means what?

When I run 'DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH', the resulting DISM.LOG includes this:

2018-10-18 17:23:35, Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=8020 TID=7028 Failed to load the provider: C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\969E1801-4D05-4298-A570-24FE00478772\PEProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007007e)

2018-10-18 17:23:35, Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=8020 TID=7028 Failed to load the provider: C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\969E1801-4D05-4298-A570-24FE00478772\EmbeddedProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007007e)

I searched. My computer doesn't have either 'PEProvider.dll' or 'EmbeddedProvider.dll'. Based on the names, I'd guess these are Windows PE (Preinstalled Environment) & Windows Phone DLLs (dynamic link libraries), but that would just be a guess.

I searched 'microsoft.com' & the Internet and found no joy.

Illumination regarding what this is about would be very welcome.

Warm Regards,
    Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. BUG
    bug Win User

"Failed to load the provider" means what?

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

Thema:

"Failed to load the provider" means what?

1. "Failed to load the provider" means what? - Similar Threads - Failed load provider

2. loading of the management console failed . provider load failure try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    loading of the management console failed . provider load failure try again: I am using a dell g5 se running windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-of-the-management-console-failed-provider/ce4917ea-b8fd-4b1b-a336-b414a6d5e66d
  3. loading of the management console failed . provider load failure try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    loading of the management console failed . provider load failure try again: I am using a dell g5 se running windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-of-the-management-console-failed-provider/ce4917ea-b8fd-4b1b-a336-b414a6d5e66d
  4. TPM Loading of the Management Console Failed. Provider Load Failure. Try Again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM Loading of the Management Console Failed. Provider Load Failure. Try Again.: I recently cleared my TPM as a troubleshooting step for something I was doing.Now, whenever I open TPM.msc or even Security Processor settings, it can't identify my TPM. I get the seemly infamous "Loading of the management console failed. Provider load failure." error.I did a...
  5. TPM Loading of the Management Console Failed. Provider Load Failure. Try Again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM Loading of the Management Console Failed. Provider Load Failure. Try Again.: I recently cleared my TPM as a troubleshooting step for something I was doing.Now, whenever I open TPM.msc or even Security Processor settings, it can't identify my TPM. I get the seemly infamous "Loading of the management console failed. Provider load failure." error.I did a...
  6. TPM Loading of the Management Console Failed. Provider Load Failure. Try Again.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. WHAT IS THIS MEAN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT IS THIS MEAN: my internet stops always get saying NO INTERNET SECURED when trying to connect have to run troubleshooter? [ATTACH] what is wermgr have caution thing by it and what does it do...
  8. what's that mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what's that mean?: Windows 10, version 2004May 27, 2020December 14, 2021December 14, 2021 Windows 10, version 1909 November 12, 2019May 11, 2021 May 10, 2022** Windows 10, version 1903May 21, 2019December 8, 2020December 8, 2020 Windows 10, version 1809November 13, 2018November 10, 2020***May...
  9. Custom credential providers fails to load on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Custom credential providers fails to load on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your custom credential providers don’t load when you first log on Windows 10, then this post will be able to guide you. Credential providers […] This post Custom credential providers fails to load on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Failed to Load the provider: .... PEProvider.dll

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failed to Load the provider: .... PEProvider.dll: Getting the above warning in dism.log (later causing error) with almost anything I try to do with DISM. Let be straight - I'm in such a state trying to fix this problem I didn't even notice this was a Windows 10 forum!. My problem is with Windows 7 64bit, so you may want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PEProvider.dll

2. Failed to load the provider

3. DISM Provider Store: PID=9000 TID=10768 Failed to load the provider

4. dism provider storefailed to load the provider metadeployprovider.dll.,
  5. dism failed to load the provider EmbeddedProvider.dll,
  6. dism provider store: pid=7492 tid=8300 failed to load the provider: c:\windows\system32\dism\metadeployprovider.dll. - cdismproviderstore::internal_getprovider(hr:0x8007007e),
  7. dism log failed to load the provider: c:\users\,
  8. failed to load provider,
  9. Failed to Load the provider: C:\Users\GGI\AppData\Local\Temp\043863CC-AE60-4DDD-8992-9E22B8946C80\PEProvider.dll,
  10. dism failed to load the provider,
  11. RSAT DISM DISM Provider Store: Failed to load the provider,
  12. log failed to load the provider,
  13. DISM Provider Store: PID=5296 TID=6388 Failed to load the provider: installing rsat