Windows 10: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM...

Discus and support Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a Dell Window 10 Pro Laptop. Intel i7-10510u cpu, 1.80GHZ, 8GB memory, 512GB SSD /9GB SSD, Touch. Storyline: I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesOstertag, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM...

I have recently purchased a Dell Window 10 Pro Laptop. Intel i7-10510u cpu, 1.80GHZ, 8GB memory, 512GB SSD /9GB SSD, Touch.

Storyline:

I have been trying to install Catalina OS with Oracle Virtualbox. I actually was successful and logged into Catalina and downloaded Excel to the MacOS system. Everything was working fine until I let the Catalina OS install updates. I then could not get the VM running again. I did a complete reinstall and was able to run the Catalina OS again. However, I had to reboot my laptop and every since I have received the following message when I try to start the VM.

I have been researching a while and started looking at Windows preferences and I tried again with Hyper-V on and off with no success. The option Virtual Platform Machine is on. I get the same error for another version of the MacOS Catalina with same results. Something changed that i can't determine to get this working again.

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina.

VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API. VT-x is not available VERR_VMX_NO_VMX.

Result Code:

E_FAIL 0x80004005 Component: ConsoleWrap Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Any help would be appreciated. Charley

:)

CharlesOstertag, Jan 26, 2020

2. Create Windows 10 Install USB on macOS Catalina

I am not sure why this is such a crazy hard problem to find a solution for, but I have two machines: a pc and a MacBook Pro running Catalina. I have recently had to rebuild my PC and lost my old Windows 10 install USB (which as an aside, was created in the days when Bootcamp created bootable USBs) and now I must create another one. Here is the problem, every solution I have tried so far as both not worked and taken 2+ hours to find out that it didn't work.

Has someone successfully created a Windows 10 bootable install USB on macOS Catalina? Please let me know which steps you took. Thanks in advance!

Also, yes, I have googled this and 99% of the solutions either (a) use Bootcamp (not an option) or (b) are geared towards dual-booting macOS & Windows which is not my intent either. Just a quick and simple bootable install USB for a separate Windows machine.

matt murray, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM...

I want to install operating system MacOS, Linux up virtual machine Virtualbox. Please let me know where to download the MacOS, Linux

I want to install operating system MacOS, Linux up virtual machine Virtualbox. Please let me know where to download the MacOS, Linux

I have searching for MacOS, Linux on websites but I do not know which web site safe to download. Please thank you

Thao Nguyen998, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM...

1. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM... - Similar Threads - Failed open session

2. How to Install MacOS on Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 News
    How to Install MacOS on Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine: The only catch with Apple PCs and laptops is that they have their own operating system, and that’s macOS. It functions in the same way as Windows, with the difference that Windows can operate on any computer and laptop without difficulties, unlike macOs. However, recently,...
  3. Problem "Failed to start the virtual machine"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem "Failed to start the virtual machine": I can't run Kali linux on my think book 14+ and windows 11. I'm using Vmware 16 pro. Please give a solutuion.System info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SHOMIT...
  4. Problem "Failed to start the virtual machine"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem "Failed to start the virtual machine": I can't run Kali linux on my think book 14+ and windows 11. I'm using Vmware 16 pro. Please give a solutuion.System info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SHOMIT...
  5. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine after updating Windows10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed to open a session for the virtual machine after updating Windows10: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine. Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS Last=0xc000000d/87 VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED. Result Code: E_FAIL 0x80004005 Component: ConsoleWrap Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed} I am using...
  6. Native boot virtual machine failed to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Native boot virtual machine failed to boot: Hello, I have 2 SSDs in my laptop and each one has Windows 10 installed. I use dualboot menu to select which one to boot. Now I am trying to use native boot of vhdx. What I did are: 1. use disk2vhd to create vhdx file, select the 2nd SSDD: drive and created Windows2.vhdx...
  7. MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15: Just before I start - I have tried all regular responses found on forums, and no, I will not appreciate blanket scripted copy paste answers that I am capable of finding myself. I wouldn't be writing here if I managed to fix the issue with "those" answers. please note that...
  8. Windows 10_1909 in Bootcamp on MacOS Catalina - Broadband issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10_1909 in Bootcamp on MacOS Catalina - Broadband issue: Hi, I have been running Windows in Bootcamp on my mac for some years with no issues. 1909 x64 was installed recently and running well with my broadband connection testing at 100+ mbs. Following the latest set of updates, my broadband is being choked (same test page) at...
  9. How to fix virtualbox failed to open a session for the virtual machine (version 6.0.12)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to fix virtualbox failed to open a session for the virtual machine (version 6.0.12): Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED). Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: ConsoleWrap Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}...
  10. Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine: I have been trying to open a virtual machine but nothing happens. I did have Bitdefender installed but I've removed that (you can't add exclusions in the free version it seems), So I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. The only security I have running at the moment...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2 (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2).

2. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api).

3. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2 (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2).vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx).

4. verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2,
  5. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2,
  6. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed,
  7. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api),
  8. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2 (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2). VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).,
  9. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed:,
  10. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2 (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2).vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx).result code:e_fail (0x80004005)component:consolewrapinterface:iconsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed},
  11. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API,
  12. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Kali Linux. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2 (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2). VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX). Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: ConsoleWrap ,
  13. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT hyper-v,
  14. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api).vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx).,
  15. virtuabox erro vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2 (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2).vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx).