Windows 10: Failed to repair PC loop

Discus and support Failed to repair PC loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've encountered a system repair loop that I've been trying my best to fix to no avail. I'd tried the diskpart assign letter fix to only have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LittleY1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. LittleY1 Win User

Failed to repair PC loop

Hello,
    I've encountered a system repair loop that I've been trying my best to fix to no avail.
    I'd tried the diskpart assign letter fix to only have my access denied as soon as I tried to

cd /d V:\efi\microsoft\boot\

bootrec /fixboot

I've tried

C:
    cd WindowsSystem32LogFilesSrt

Only to get

system cannot find the specific path

I've tried

chkdsk /r c:

Only to wait a really long time for nothing.

I've even tried to factory reset the PC partially and completely to get a message saying its failed.
    I'm at a loss as to what to do now I must have reset my computer a hundred times these last few days.
    I have the windows recovery disk available with the purchase of my computer but the tower doesn't have a CD reader. I was hoping I could fix it without having to buy one. I also want to know what happened so this doesn't happen again.

Any advice?

:)

LittleY1, Jan 18, 2019
  2. djoatmeal Win User

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.
    Failed to repair PC loop [​IMG]

djoatmeal, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 automatic repair fail loop

Hi,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

I suggest that you perform Power Drain which will help you skip the reboot loop and help you access the PC. To perform Power Drain, refer to the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Failed to repair PC loop

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Failed to repair PC loop

1. Failed to repair PC loop - Similar Threads - Failed repair loop

2. my pc went into auto repair loop, and said it needed to repair srttrail.txt, it fails at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc went into auto repair loop, and said it needed to repair srttrail.txt, it fails at...: the chkdsk thing says its eta is 999 hours, i cant reset my pc at all, i cant even delete system 32 to force it to reset, please help, and i think it may have happened because i shut my pc off with the power button instead of the option in the windows button...
  3. my pc went into auto repair loop, and said it needed to repair srttrail.txt, it fails at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc went into auto repair loop, and said it needed to repair srttrail.txt, it fails at...: the chkdsk thing says its eta is 999 hours, i cant reset my pc at all, i cant even delete system 32 to force it to reset, please help, and i think it may have happened because i shut my pc off with the power button instead of the option in the windows button...
  4. Automatic repair fail loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair fail loop: My laptop's been stuck on automatic repair failing loop for a week and no solution online seems to work. When trying the three bootrec.exe commands the third onebootrec.exe /fixboot failed and said "Access is denied" The first phase of chkdsk /r took 24 hours with a lot...
  5. Windows Automatic Repair Loop - blue screen - Repair Fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Automatic Repair Loop - blue screen - Repair Fail: Attempted to install one SABRENT 1TB NvmepcieM.2 228 SSD into gaming PC today. Immediately got this problem and have tried everything to fix it with no luck: Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC. Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut...
  6. automatic repair couldn't repair your pc loop

automatic repair couldn't repair your pc loop: It all begin when i suddenly keep getting disconnected to my wireless network after 1h and 30min of internet access and when i go to device manager, under network adapters, i saw an exclamation mark beside my wireless network adapter, so i tried to uninstall that network...
  7. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I moved my PC recently and I forget to turn of the computer before unplugging it so I our it up stairs and once I plugged it tried to use the automatic repair but it popped up a blue screen saying my PC didn't start up correctly. I've tried nearly everything except...
  8. Loop and fail of automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loop and fail of automatic repair: Hello everyone! I have faced a problem with my Win10 After the latest windows update my laptop is in a constant loop - Preparing automatic repair - Diagnosing my pc - says that it did not start correctly and offers to restart. After that the cycle starts again What can i...
  9. "Automatic repair could't repair your PC" loop

"Automatic repair could't repair your PC" loop: Hello, I was using my PC and windows 10 notified that an awaiting update or upgrade (I don't remember exactly), so reboot first to install the updates/upgrade. Then when rebooting, The system installed some stuff and it then restarted automatically but it was stuck on...
  10. Automatic Repair failing to repair PC

Automatic Repair failing to repair PC: My power went out as my computer was shutting down and ever since than I've been getting blue-screened at start-up. Automatic repair has consistently failed and I've been unable to reset my computer as well. At this point I'm not really sure what else to do....