Windows 10: Failed to replace bootres.dll

Discus and support Failed to replace bootres.dll in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have this really annoying problem that I cannot even solve. 3 weeks ago, I have decided to change my boot logo to another logo. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidAnderson2, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Failed to replace bootres.dll

Hi guys,

I have this really annoying problem that I cannot even solve.

3 weeks ago, I have decided to change my boot logo to another logo. I searched everywhere on the Internet and I have created another bootres.dll. I tried to replace the bootres.dll file but it just keep saying 'You need permission to perform this action'. I have tried to take own the folder, I tried to make my account full control but I realized I ignore the problem said: "Access is denied". I even insert a USB Installation Disc and clicked Repair this computer, I opened notepad by Command Prompt and try to copy the file but i still couldn't copy the file.

Please help!

Any solutions, thank you very much!

Windows 10

64-bit OS

Legacy Boot Mode

:)

DavidAnderson2, Jul 28, 2018

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jul 28, 2018
  3. b1rd Win User
    DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Failed to replace bootres.dll [​IMG]

4. wjrunner Win User

Failed to replace bootres.dll

Dll replacement

I need to replace a corrupt .dll.

I have the file and I have administrative rights. How do I change permissions in the Windows\System32 directory to allow me to copy the replacement file into the directory?

wjrunner, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Failed to replace bootres.dll

1. Failed to replace bootres.dll - Similar Threads - Failed replace bootres

2. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I have been unable to install H&R Block tax program, with an 'unable to load RICHED20.DLL' message. I have consulted numerous MS Community threads, but none of them address my particular problem. Basically, I have found that...
  3. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I have been unable to install H&R Block tax program, with an 'unable to load RICHED20.DLL' message. I have consulted numerous MS Community threads, but none of them address my particular problem. Basically, I have found that...
  4. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DLL. Icon file replacing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLL. Icon file replacing: Hello all, i have a question about MS Visual Studio and DLL. files. i have a handful of original, straight from the files, Windows XP application icons. i googled around a little and found where they were stored on Win10. is there a quick and easy way or just basically a way...
  6. AMD64.dll failed to register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD64.dll failed to register: hii, can any one help I'm tryingbto install cst studio suite student 2019 version but during installion a error occures as: Error 1904.C:\program filesx86 CST STUDIO SUITE 2019\AMD64\CSTInfo_AMD64.dll failed to register i spent almost 3 hrs surfing the youtube please give...
  7. Steam dll failed to load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Steam dll failed to load: Hi, I have a problem with Steam that says after "extracting package" fatal error, failed to steamui.dll. I have tried many solutions, like updating all my drivers, system restoring, all commands for command prompt admin, deleting other files, contacting steam, restarting my...
  8. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...
  9. Computer won't boot after replacing imageres.dll and shell32.dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot after replacing imageres.dll and shell32.dll: Hello everyone, I am in desperate need of help. I hated Windows 10's icons so i tried replacing them with copies from Windows 8.1, the copy succeeded but when i tried to boot back into Windows it got stuck at the loading screen and kept flashing repeatedly, can you please...
  10. Failed to load resource DLL?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to load resource DLL?: What does "Failed to load resource DLL" mean? Why is my PC doing this? [img] 64899
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace bootres.dll

2. can i replace bootres.dll

3. can i take the bootres.dll from another computer

4. replace bootres.dll from another pc,
  5. windows update 1809 bootres.dll,
  6. how to replace bootres,
  7. where to replace bootres.dll,
  8. replace bootres.dll