Windows 10: Failed to restore my computer

Discus and support Failed to restore my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My notebook when stucked on showing the brand image of the computer when i turned on my notebook. I tried to restore it. After loaded in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EugeneMan, Mar 9, 2020.

1. EugeneMan Win User

Failed to restore my computer

My notebook when stucked on showing the brand image of the computer when i turned on my notebook.

I tried to restore it.

After loaded in the process of 20% , it shown undoing reset and failed to restore my computer.

I had found the solution on web, like the following:

SFC on command prompt →windows resource protection could not start the repair service

Reagentc → unable to recognize the command

Sc config trustedinstall start →not recognizrf as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What should i do to restore my computer in order to fix the problem of my notebook , to enable it to turn on as usual? Please help for it.

:)

EugeneMan, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Failed restoration

We appreciate you getting back to us. For further research, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you tell us what are the programs that are affected on this error?
    • Can you reinstall Spotify or not?
    • When did you update your computer?
    • What is the date when you created a restore point?
    • What are the programs that you accidentally deleted?

Meanwhile, since you've already tried to perform a restoration on the Windows Recovery Environment and the issue still persists, we suggest that you
    Reset your PC and keep your files. Kindly see this
    article
    and follow the steps on the section that says Reset your PC.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 9, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Failed to restore my computer [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Failed to restore my computer - Similar Threads - Failed restore computer

2. Restore point failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point failed: Hello.i try to restore point after unistallation of asus armoury crate and the process stack for hours to restore windows registry.I have norton 360 and disable tamber protection...
  3. how to restore my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore my computer.: how do i restore my PC to an earlier date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-my-computer/cdc3b482-3ef0-4f62-8e28-6bfb14360c9e
  4. how to restore my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore my computer.: how do i restore my PC to an earlier date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-my-computer/cdc3b482-3ef0-4f62-8e28-6bfb14360c9e
  5. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  6. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  7. How to Restore My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Restore My Computer: Attempting to do the WU and my computer is now messed. Right now after a restart it takes forever and it "prepares windows" on the sign in screen and then it gives me a generic desktop, not mine. I remember having this happen before (different computer) and a restart restored...
  8. Failed restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed restoration: Hi, I recently tried to do a full system restoration on my go pavilion and it says restoration incomplete. I have hit try again but it didn’t fix it. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-restoration/b820c82e-2ec8-4281-a032-8c65c5d6ee47
  9. After a System restore computer fails to repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a System restore computer fails to repair: So I did a system restore and after waking up in the morning I saw that the system still didn't restore. So I powered off my device and restored it. The acer Logo shows and says its repairing the pc. After that it will give me the advanced options and such. I've tried wiping...
  10. System restore failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore failing: Im running the latest version of Windows 10 and whenever I try to do a system restore I get this error: “System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and Settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to extract the original copy of...