Windows 10: Failed to run games and can't click taskbar

Discus and support Failed to run games and can't click taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to open games, it says that it failed to run the app and I have to click "ok" to close the app. I try to click my windows in the bottom left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by clampz, Sep 12, 2020.

1. clampz Win User

Failed to run games and can't click taskbar

When I try to open games, it says that it failed to run the app and I have to click "ok" to close the app. I try to click my windows in the bottom left and it won't open. even when I press the windows key, it does nothing.

:)

clampz, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Taskbar disappears behind games

Hi,

A recent change in the configuration of your device can be one of the factors why this issue occurs.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Which Windows build version are you using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Have you tried running other games? If yes, are you experiencing the same issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In addition, when running a game in full-screen mode the taskbar is normally hidden. For case isolation, try to run the game in windows-mode. This mode allows you to run the game in a smaller window which allows you to have your taskbar visible. To
    do this, we suggest that you check the game support site for any information on how to configure the game using this option.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Failed to run games and can't click taskbar

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Failed to run games and can't click taskbar

1. Failed to run games and can't click taskbar - Similar Threads - Failed run games

2. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  3. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  4. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  5. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  6. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar flickering when clicking in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar flickering when clicking in games: Title says it all, the taskbar (and sometimes other non-minimised windows) flicker in when I click. Doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be annoying. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. submitted by /u/Rishech [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't click on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on taskbar: Hello Bit of a strange one this - I can click on my start button, type in the search bar and right click on the blank space to open up the tool bar etc, but I can't click on the calendar/clock, notification button or right click on the buttons for Chrome, Spotify etc....
  9. Can't click on desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on desktop/taskbar: Every so often I have an issue where if I clicked on my taskbar last I can't click anything on screen (desktop icons, web browser, etc.), and vice versa when I click anything on screen, so my taskbar locks up. Opening task manager and restarting Windows Explorer fixes it...
  10. Can't click on desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on desktop/taskbar: Every so often I have an issue where if I clicked on my taskbar last I can't click anything on screen (desktop icons, web browser, etc.), and vice versa when I click anything on screen, so my taskbar locks up. Opening task manager and restarting Windows Explorer fixes it...