Windows 10: failed to set access permissions for ERROR

Discus and support failed to set access permissions for ERROR in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi i have this error while running a program and i have tried run as administrator but didnt work what the problem?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hamidPrez, Dec 17, 2019.

1. hamidPrez Win User

failed to set access permissions for ERROR

Hi i have this error while running a program and i have tried run as administrator but didnt work
    what the problem?

http://www.upsara.com/images/m663203_.png

:)

hamidPrez, Dec 17, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    You do not have permission to access \\PC123

Hello YvesB,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Step 1: As you have mentioned, that you are unable to access few particular folders, I would suggest you to go ahead and give permissions to that particular folder which is giving you access denied error. Maybe you are getting
    access denied error due to permission settings. Once when the file or a folder has a permission, you will be able to access it within the Network.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the article which talks about -
    Access Denied or other errors when you access or work
    with files and folders in Windows.

Access Denied or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 9, 2020
  4. failed to set access permissions for ERROR

Ms.Brook56, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

failed to set access permissions for ERROR

1. failed to set access permissions for ERROR - Similar Threads - failed set access

2. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  3. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Access is denied" after ownership gained and permissions set

in Windows 10 Support
    "Access is denied" after ownership gained and permissions set: Windows 10. Trying to get on top of MS W10 ownership and permissions is something which I know from experience is bad for my mental health. But I am trying to understand what might be wrong here. I am simply trying to edit a .txt file in the C:\ directory. Please, please...
  6. user permission settings and access control setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user permission settings and access control setup: hi ! i am vamsi. my dad is setting up a small company and me and my dad had brought laptops, the issue is he wanted me to set up the laptop such that user cannot modify the OS and the system should ask the admin permission whenever they are trying to install software of any...
  7. Do not have permission to access a set of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Do not have permission to access a set of files: There is a set of Jpeg files that I can't get access to. When I attempt to open one the photos app gives me a message saying "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" I have changed the permissions by going to...
  8. Drive access permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive access permissions: I get the message that I do not have permission to access D/System drive. The message says to go to the permissions security tab but I am unable to locate it. Help required please....
  9. Permissions problems accessing windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions problems accessing windows settings: For a couple months already I have been unable to access basic settings trough windows, like troubleshooting an Ethernet or accessing Advanced display settings, every attempt has led me to an error (see attachment bellow) telling me I do not have the right permissions, the...
  10. set permissions so that everyone cannot access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    set permissions so that everyone cannot access: I have shared HDD in work group using win 10,,,,HDD contained folders....On some folders i want to set permissions so that everyone cannot access to it???Can anyone help me 93704

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to set acces permissions

2. failed to set access permissions for waves central access folder error