Windows 10: Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

Discus and support Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The error pops up telling "something went wrong" with code 0x80070490.The problem is I found the way to fix it, and it worked. But then I had to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Santiago258, May 12, 2021.

1. Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

The error pops up telling "something went wrong" with code 0x80070490.The problem is I found the way to fix it, and it worked. But then I had to reset my PC so the problem happens again while I dont remember the solution that I applied.I tried to memorize it but really can find it on internet.I just remember something related to renaming from roaming to "local". Something related to Appdata, but not related to "Comms" folder as some recommendations online. I tried all other methods like update Mail and Calendar, enabling IMAP and check 2nd authentication of gmail...Does anyone know the so

:)

Santiago258, May 12, 2021

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, May 12, 2021
  4. 10win10 Win User

Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

1. Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10 - Similar Threads - Failed set Gmail

2. Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue setting up Gmail in Mail App, I click google from the list and can enter my email address and password click next then click allow, then the next box appears on the screen as soon as this box comes up on the screen you cannot type anything in...
  3. Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue setting up Gmail in Mail App, I click google from the list and can enter my email address and password click next then click allow, then the next box appears on the screen as soon as this box comes up on the screen you cannot type anything in...
  4. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  5. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  6. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  7. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  8. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app: Hi, Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b , I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this, Ideas anyone? [ATTACH]...
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  10. Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?: I have 2 accounts set up to the mail/calendar app. My email (outlook) and my wife (gmail) and I can get/send emails but my wife gmail doesn't work. Anyone know of a workaround? 14773