Windows 10: Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade

Discus and support Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First things first, my winver is 1709 Build 16299.192 I have been stuck at updating for over 2 years, finally i was unable to upgrade my nvidia driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alantang11, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade

First things first, my winver is 1709 Build 16299.192
    I have been stuck at updating for over 2 years, finally i was unable to upgrade my nvidia driver forces me to find a way through this.

These 4 method doesnt seem to work: FIX: Windows 10 Update 1903 failed to install (Solved) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
    Method 1. Force Windows to Download again the Windows 10 Update v1903 by deleting SoftwareDistribution
    Method 2. Manually Upgrade Windows 10 to version 1903 with Upgrade Assistant.
    Method 3. FIX Windows corruption errors with DISM & SFC tools.
    Method 4. Install Windows 10 v1903 Update with an IN-Place Upgrade.

Then i have found this post Windows 10 Update keeps failing 0x8007001F - 0x20006
    I had the exact same error code and he was able to do in-place upgrade with the original window build version.
    So i gave it a try, installing Win10_1709_Chinese(Traditional)_x64.iso and failed as well.
    This is the setuperr from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT

Seems tonnes of error prevented me from updating.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

2020-02-02 01:15:20, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class IMoSetupDlpAction> > > >::Suspend(1066): Result = 0xC1800104

Code:
    :)

alantang11, Feb 2, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 2, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...

Yep, better way for him, as suggested. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails... - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade

In-place upgrading repairing ownership of C:

In my opinion, system rest seems to be a better solution than repair upgrade, which doesn’t need to download iso image file.

If you are using Windows 10 1703 version, Please go to Settings->Update & Security->Recovery->Reset this PC, note choose keep my files option.

If you are using 1607 or earlier version, I suggest to download 1703 iso image file from Microsoft website to upgrade system.
    Regards

Origami , Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade

1. Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade - Similar Threads - Failed upgrade 1709

2. IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails: WE ahve 35 systems that will not complete an in-place upgrade to windows 11. We ahv e tried the assistance, a USB drive, and an ISO but all systems will have an errow when it reboots to windows 11 for the first time. I am confident the issue is with a driver however, I am...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 1709 to 21H2 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 10 1709 to 21H2 fails: I have an HP laptop with AMD 6-9225 Radeon R4 that has never been upgraded from its original Windows 10 ver. 1709. I have attempted to upgrade it to the latest Windows 10 ver. 21H2, but the install fails every time. I have followed every suggestion I can find on the internet,...
  4. Repair upgrade failing.

Repair upgrade failing.: I recently asked a question on here, about my windows update service not starting. Someone suggested trying to run a repair upgrade. I burnt an iso onto a usb using the creator tool. But when I run the setup, it gets to about 55% after wich it closes and sais `installation...
  5. Repair Install (in place upgrade) question

Repair Install (in place upgrade) question: Ive got a new Dell laptop arriving later in the week. I normally clean install and blow away the partitions using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive which gets rid of bloatware as well. Im doing things differently this time though. It has a some useful software pre...
  6. Windows in place repair upgrade failure

Windows in place repair upgrade failure: This is a part two to my orginal post as the repair upgrade failed and i dont know what to do. It rolls back Original link here[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-in-place-repair-upgrade-failure/e4b9e6e8-df1a-455f-9160-d416d3cba31a
  7. Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade: Will a repair installor inplace upgrade remove any of my software? I have photoshop on my computer and have lost the cd, so Id rater not have it removed. Do you think this will happen?...
  8. Failed to Upgrade Windows with Repair Upgrade / In-Place Upgrade since 1709

Failed to Upgrade Windows with Repair Upgrade / In-Place Upgrade since 1709: This is the setuperr from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT Seems tonnes of error prevented me from updating. Any and all help is much appreciated! 2020-02-02 01:15:20, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class...
  9. Upgrading from 1709

Upgrading from 1709: I just removed an old HP Laptop with W10 ver 1709 from the closet and tried to update it to 1903. The process failed according to Update History and the machine is still at 1709. Repeated attempts yield the same thing. Is there something I can do to get to 1903 and keep my...
  10. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...: Yesterday I attempted a Repair Install of Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool as per the TenForums Tutorial but for some reason it all went pear-shaped… I downloaded and ran the Media Creation Tool (1803) and get the following screens:- “Getting a few things ready”...