Windows 10: Failed tooltips

Discus and support Failed tooltips in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys - I'm new here! I'd just like to say I'm still disappointed with the build quality of the new generation of Windows starting with Windows ME.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kentos, Apr 3, 2018.

1. kentos Win User

Failed tooltips

Hi guys - I'm new here!
    I'd just like to say I'm still disappointed with the build quality of the new generation of Windows starting with Windows ME. They still haven't got it working seamlessly! This time I'd like to complain about the recurrent problem of tooltips that don't disappear.

Failed tooltips [​IMG]

In fact right now I can see three instances of the tooltip but only one is 'real', the other two are captured in the image file I am posting. I highlighted one pink to show which was captured already: when I took the screenshot, I could only see two and the 'real' white one is fixed on my screen while the pink one is fixed to the window that it is a part of.
    The tooltip should have disappeared when I moved my mouse away. Why has this happened? Perhaps someone could say that my tablet isn't fully compatible as it was imported (Chuwi Hi10) but the problem still exists... I'm sort of venting but maybe someone can help?

Thanks
    Kent

:)

kentos, Apr 3, 2018

2. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

So I've noticed that tooltips shows while windows is still starting up, but once everythings full up and running they disappear completely. I did the scannow /sfc. I also notice that microsoft programs have no problems displaying tooltips, like the Microsoft
    Upload Center tooltip always displays fine, but other programs don't. It's like they've changed how tooltips work and don't support legacy tooltips.

PartTimeTechie, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

The tooltips have never been visible since my upgrade. The notification tray area is mostly opaque but no tooltips will display at all. If I right click on objects in the task tray I can interact with them, but none show tooltips and there's information
    in my VPN clients tooltip that I require.

PartTimeTechie, Apr 3, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Failed tooltips

hi Kent and welcome to Ten forums!

Think it's not compatibility problem. More like some apps problems. I have those typically in Edge browser. Sometimes they just wont get away.

In which applications is this happening?

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
  5. kentos Win User
    Hi AndreTen.
    Thankyou for your response. As you see, it was happening in Explorer but when I say they don't disappear, they are always at the top of the draw order, even after pressing the windows key to display the desktop or trying to open a new app. Actually in a fullscreen app or video it may not be present, indeed that may be the way to clear it. I'll get back to you if when I notice it again.
    Cheers Kent

kentos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Failed tooltips

1. Failed tooltips - Similar Threads - Failed tooltips

2. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  3. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  4. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  5. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  6. Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2...: Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 The above error followed a successful update/install of KB5001716 on 3/13/24, and KB5035845, KB5036450 on 3/14/24....
  7. Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2...

Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2...: Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 The above error followed a successful update/install of KB5001716 on 3/13/24, and KB5035845, KB5036450 on 3/14/24....
  8. Windows update error 0x80070643, Failed to install 2024-01 Security Update for Win10 v22H2...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  10. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop tooltips disappear

2. pxegetpxedata failed with 0x8004016c