Windows 10: Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions

Discus and support Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello to whoever is reading this. I've been having problems with essential features in Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1903, where many functions fail to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenjaminRiehl, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions

Hello to whoever is reading this. I've been having problems with essential features in Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1903, where many functions fail to complete and doing a "keep everything" reset fail consistently.

Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0

This started to happen when I was removeing certain feature from Windows Features as they interfered with VirtualBox.

Issues:

Issue #1: Windows Features menu is blank.
    Issue #2: Windows Updates fails with error "0x80070490", also with downloaded Microsoft Update Standalone Package. Update KB4517389, fails @ 17%
    Issue #3: In-Place upgrades fail with error "0x8007001F - 0x20006", "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"
    Issue #4: Reset My PC, keep everything option always fails.

What I've tried to do to fix it:

1. Attempted using Windows Update Troubleshooter: Fails, error:
    2. SFC /scannow, says "restored corrupted files" none of the issues were resolved.
    3. "DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth & /ScanHealth & /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\sources\install.wim" all say that there were no corruptions detected and operations were completed successfully.
    4. Tried attempting a In-Place upgrade, see issue #3.
    5. Tried attempting a reset with "keep everything" set, see issue #4.
    6. Tried deleting Catroot2 & SoftwareDistribution files
    7. Tried manually downloading and installing a Windows Update, see issue #2.

I've honestly given up at this point and I have no idea what to do. If you need logs let me know and I shall try to collect them to upload.

:)

BenjaminRiehl, Oct 20, 2019

2. How to uninstall corrupt program (print master)

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to uninstall print master program and see if it helps.

• In search type Programs and Features and hit enter.
    • Select the program from the list.
    • Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Where did you get that error code and what is the complete error code/message that you get?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1: Uninstalling Language Pack.

Before trying the below steps, install the Polish Language again and then follow the below steps.

• Click on the Start Menu > Search for Command Prompt >
      Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on Run As Administrator.
    • Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following command and hit
      Enter.

Lpksetup /u

• Then, select the language > Click on Next to uninstall the Language Interface Pack.
    • Restart the computer once after the uninstallation is completed and check if the Polish Typing is still present.

Method 2: System File Checker.

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10 and check for any system file corruption.

Once you check for the system file corruption, try the steps mentioned in my previous post and run those commands and check if it uninstalls the Polish Typing.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions

Halo app installation is corrupt and won't uninstall or launch.

Thanks for the detailed response.

Another possible reason as to why you can't uninstall the game is due to software conflicts. Performing a clean boot can help resolve this. See

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for the steps.

We also suggest running the System File Checker and the System Update Readiness tools. These tools can help resolve corrupted system files. Refer to this

link
    for the steps on how to use the System File Checker tool. To run the System Update Readiness tool, kindly perform the following steps:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and then press Enter.

Let us know how it goes after performing these steps.

Catherine Cus., Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions

1. Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions - Similar Threads - Failed uninstall Features

2. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  3. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  4. Uninstall Corrupted Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Corrupted Windows Update: So When Windows Still Installing the updates The Power Went off and After The power back on I Turn on My Computer and When i tried to uninstall the update in Control Panel there is no "uninstall" button it Happened in those Twoi tried using wusa /uninstall /kb but it doesn't...
  5. Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth: Hi helpful people, I am having a problem with corrupt files on my new laptop. I have followed the tutorials - sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, etc - but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I've included some extracts of the log files, and hope...
  6. Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you try to revert your Windows 10 computer to the Windows Modules Installer created System Restore point and it fails, then this post […] This article Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract: Hi, I have an infinite repair loop in my Windows 10.0.17134.1 laptop, 1. Firstly it says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc. Logfile: D:/......... Some path/Srt/SrtTrail.txt 2. I went to troubleshoot > advanced > cmd, and opened the log file, it says,...
  8. The module "wudfsvc.dll" failed to load.

The module "wudfsvc.dll" failed to load.: I noticed that there is no windows driver foundation service in services.msc. I was told to look it up because my pc crashes from time to time and there's a recurring error in Event Viewer (The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.)....
  9. brand string module fail

brand string module fail: hey my laptop is getting stuck where it won't do anything and it's over in about 5 min but it keeps on doing that ivé checked with the diagonostic tool and it say's brand string module fail IPDT64 fail i'l show the info from the tool below so basicly what it say's...
  10. uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning: I upgraded windows 7.0 on my Dell XPSL501X to windows10.0 I got a new Cannon Cloud Printer and don't need the many HP programs (in Control Panel-Programs & Features) as I dont have it linked to an HP printer any longer. I tried several times to uninstall the HP...