Windows 10: Failed update attempt

Discus and support Failed update attempt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my pc has been trying to update to Windows 10 but it never is successful. It screws up the start every time as it has to undo all changes. This last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NancyKG, Nov 1, 2019.

1. NancyKG Win User

Failed update attempt

my pc has been trying to update to Windows 10 but it never is successful. It screws up the start every time as it has to undo all changes. This last time it has caused an endless loop of trying to start. I can hit delete to get into aptio setup utility but not sure what to do there. I have tried rebooting several times and I have tried other suggestions given here. TIA

:)

NancyKG, Nov 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

Failed update attempt [​IMG]

Failed update attempt [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 1, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

Failed update attempt

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Failed update attempt

1. Failed update attempt - Similar Threads - Failed update attempt

2. failed attempt to update to 10 v.2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failed attempt to update to 10 v.2004: I was trying to install new windows update but was unsuccessful. From event log i see: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. I already tried to twice to make the update same...
  3. Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update

Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update: Hi, I've been unable to download some updates. Manual updates have also not worked. BACKGROUND System - Windows 10 Pro 1909 - 64 bit Additional security program - Malwarebytes FAILED UPDATES 03/01/2020 – KB2267602 version 1.311.368.0 - error...
  4. how do I show failed update attempts?

how do I show failed update attempts?: Failed Update attempts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-show-failed-update-attempts/87bbeda5-f0f8-44c4-8ef8-a90c83565fbc
  5. WIN10 Fail to update despite dozens of attempts

WIN10 Fail to update despite dozens of attempts: I have run WUdiag. I run DISM but it gives errors: drvstore, lookup image path, PE Provider, 0x8007007e, etc. I have removed the old update files between attempts. I have been thru the services - stop and start sequences. It will not allow a clean install. it will not...
  6. Attempt to update Windows 10 via ISO fails: "Windows 10 update failed"

Attempt to update Windows 10 via ISO fails: "Windows 10 update failed": Having been prompted by Microsoft to update my pc, my initial attempt to do so failed with error Oxc1420121. I then followed a recommendation from this forum to upgrade by downloading the ISO and then performing an offline upgrade. Although that ran quite awhile and seemed...
  7. RD logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RD logon attempt failed: Hello, I have a problem when using remote desktop connection on my laptop - basically it all works fine when i'm connected to the same network as the desktop i'm trying to connect to, however, when i'm away, on a different network and i try to login, it doesnt work anymore....
  8. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  9. 4th attempt by Anniversary update - fails - something else is updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    4th attempt by Anniversary update - fails - something else is updating: I have been running the version of Win 10 before the Anniversary edition. I did not know when I allowed the download manager to do an update (be nice if they actually identified that as Anniversary edition rather than just some updates) that it was going to the newer version....
  10. SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SteelSeries driver update continous attempts/fails: I have a SteelSeries Sensei mouse and a Razer BlackWidow keyboard. Windows 10 daily attempts to install a "SteelSeries ApS - Keyboard - SteelSeries Sensei [RAW]" update. The update fails within seconds of starting with error 0x80240016. The initial failure message darkens my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop failed update attempt