Windows 10: Failed update, pc keeps restarting

Discus and support Failed update, pc keeps restarting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone I probably got the wrong reddit sub? sorry if that's the case. The thing is my computer stopped working a while ago or rather is stuck in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ryuen025, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Failed update, pc keeps restarting

Hey everyone I probably got the wrong reddit sub? sorry if that's the case. The thing is my computer stopped working a while ago or rather is stuck in an endless restating cycle. What happened is that the update for windows 10 1903 started unexpectedly ( I was still on 1890), and when it was 2% into configuring the pc was running out of battery and I had to close the lid. I know it was stupid but I was not at home and it couldn't be helped. Either way as soon as I started it again it is stuck in an endless cycle of "Trying to restore changes" messages and restarting.

The thing is I already saved and copied my data by taking the hard disk out. Now I only have to make it work again, and I'd like to do so cleanly and maybe without necessarily formatting. I was told I should force the update via usb (the pc is a hp pavilion without disk outlet). Is this the best way and if so how do I proceed exactly?

While browsing the datas I found a folder called Windows 10 update. Do you guys think it could fix anything if I just deleted it? Or would it do worse?

Thanks for reading so far and sorry for my english. I hope someone can help

submitted by /u/ryuen025
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ryuen025, Nov 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 16, 2019
  3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Failed update, pc keeps restarting

One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Failed update, pc keeps restarting

1. Failed update, pc keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Failed update keeps

2. PC keeps crashing/failing to update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing/failing to update.: I was having blue screen error codes that kept crashing my computer, mostly coming up with the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" stop code, every time it would boot up the PC would crash again. I downloaded "RESTORO" and used it to scan my PC and try to repair it, and it didn't seem to...
  3. PC keeps crashing/failing to update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing/failing to update.: I was having blue screen error codes that kept crashing my computer, mostly coming up with the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" stop code, every time it would boot up the PC would crash again. I downloaded "RESTORO" and used it to scan my PC and try to repair it, and it didn't seem to...
  4. PC keeps crashing/failing to update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC keeps on restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting.: I have laptop which is having trouble for 2 days now. It keeps on restarting when I enter my password and it will says welcome then restart again. It will take time to restart as if it is thinking then do nothing at all. It will ask for my password again and do the exact same...
  6. Up BIOS update failed and computer keeps on restarting and cannot login but keep restarting...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Up BIOS update failed and computer keeps on restarting and cannot login but keep restarting...: My computer is wierd loook at the videoClick here to view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-bios-update-failed-and-computer-keeps-on/15b3317b-e50b-417e-92f0-d6cd0fe18a8f
  7. Failed Window Media Installation- Keep Restart on Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Window Media Installation- Keep Restart on Update: I prepared 16 GB flash drive media tool for a fresh WIN10 installation on my laptop, it works fine with below stages of the installation process: 1 Copying Windows file 2 Getting files ready for installation 3 Installing features until it reaches 4 Installing updates...
  8. PC fails to restart during update process

PC fails to restart during update process: Hi, I am trying to update my windows 10 to version 1903. During the update, my PC is supposed to restart several times during the process, however for some reason when it begins to restart, it powers down but does not power back on. My screen just stays black but I can see...
  9. KB4284848 update keeps failing and asking for restart.

KB4284848 update keeps failing and asking for restart.: Hi, My KB4284848 update keeps failing. It downloads and installs and then asks for a restart. Once i restart the computer it then asks for me to restart it again, or it waits a while and will ask me to download it again. Each time i restart the laptop it says it failed. I...
  10. PC keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps restarting: Hello my pc keeps restarting over and over. And yes i did some research on google, some people say that it may be RAM modules not working, so i took one module out and same problem swapped another one, and still same problem,so it's not with RAM. Some say it may be BIOS...