Windows 10: Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd)

Discus and support Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/munta15 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/munta15, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd)

/u/munta15, Mar 14, 2020

2. ##solved##stuck in the "failed to configure updates" reboot Loop. HELP me please

As the title says, my nephews PC is stuck in the Reboot "failed to configure updates" loop. Safe mode DOESNT help, it just keeps looping. anyone have a Solution for this?

Windows 7

i dont know the update, its a dell optiplex 7010

jboydgolfer, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 14, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd)

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd)

1. Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd) - Similar Threads - Failed update stuck

2. can't run CMD as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run CMD as administrator?: can't run CMD as administrator?missing msdmo.dll filekeep getting the error "a file associated with this cannot be found" or "device associated............etc"...
  3. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  4. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  5. Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup: Was unsure about using BSOD or Update Errors, so I ask here in "General" Can't get to Windows to give you the version number You have my system details except for "motherboard" - maybe that is why it keeps asking? Anyway, my local vendor told me I needed a new hard disk. I...
  6. Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop: Really please help required that i have try all the troubleshooting tips with resetting my pc nothing has work for me, for me the last option is recovery. But i really appreatiate if some one able to help me regarding this problem to help me. My concern is that if i used...
  7. Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726: I can run the following commands and they all run fine and do not find any issues: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow chkdsk /F C: But the following fails every time: DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  8. Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726: I can run the following commands and they all run fine and do not find any issues: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow chkdsk /F C: But the following fails every time: DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  9. Can't run DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't run DISM?: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Home on my Alienware Laptop. Here is the log: 2018-09-03 15:13:33, Info DISM PID=3792 TID=10992 Scratch directory set to 'C:\Users\WILSON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\'. - CDISMManager::put_ScratchDir 2018-09-03 15:13:33, Info...
  10. laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop: Hi, My wife's laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop. I downloaded the .bat file here, ran it (had to manually disable one of the services), let it go, but it didn't fix the problem. Can someone help? Her computer is becoming unusable. Thanks, Michael 77523

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck dism