Windows 10: Failed update to 21H1?

Discus and support Failed update to 21H1? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It is showing as installed in feature updates under update history: but the System/About is still showing as 20H2: How do I resolve this? I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geejaytee, Jun 9, 2021.

1. geejaytee Win User

Failed update to 21H1?

It is showing as installed in feature updates under update history: but the System/About is still showing as 20H2: How do I resolve this? I tried to download and run the Windows 10 Update Assistant, but that didn't change anything, after downloading and attempting to install I got an "Undoing changes made to your computer" message part-way through.

:)

geejaytee, Jun 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 9, 2021
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jun 9, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Failed update to 21H1?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Failed update to 21H1?

1. Failed update to 21H1? - Similar Threads - Failed update 21H1

2. Fail to update from 21H1 to 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fail to update from 21H1 to 21H2: Hello to all,I already wasted two days with any try to update Windows 10 on my father's PC without any successI already:Reset Windows updateRun DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth via CMD as AdminRun SFC /scannowUpdate via MediaCreationTool.exeUpdate via...
  3. Fail to update from 21H1 to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to update from 21H1 to 21H2: Hello to all,I already wasted two days with any try to update Windows 10 on my father's PC without any successI already:Reset Windows updateRun DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth via CMD as AdminRun SFC /scannowUpdate via MediaCreationTool.exeUpdate via...
  4. Windows 10 Update 21H1 failing to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update 21H1 failing to update: Hi im having problems when i tried updating my windows to the newest version 21H1 I put off updating it for a bit but yesterday i tried and when i restarted it after it was downloaded it failed and regretted all the updates before it would let me into my pc again.Now when i...
  5. Windows 10 Update 21H1 failing to update

Windows 10 Update 21H1 failing to update: Hi im having problems when i tried updating my windows to the newest version 21H1 I put off updating it for a bit but yesterday i tried and when i restarted it after it was downloaded it failed and regretted all the updates before it would let me into my pc again.Now when i...
  6. Windows 21H1 failed to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 21H1 failed to update: My Dell 24 3544 All in One failed to complete the 21H1 upgrade. After it re-booted, the computer was so slow that it would take literally 10 minutes to open a window. Also the Windows Search Bar would not work. I could click on the Search Bar, it 'might' let me actually get...
  7. Windows 21H1 failed to update

Windows 21H1 failed to update: My Dell 24 3544 All in One failed to complete the 21H1 upgrade. After it re-booted, the computer was so slow that it would take literally 10 minutes to open a window. Also the Windows Search Bar would not work. I could click on the Search Bar, it 'might' let me actually get...
  8. Windows 21H1 failed to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing 21H1 update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 21H1 update fails: I'm trying to install the 21H1 update on my Windows 10 machine and after installing the update and restarting it appears to fail as the build number is not changed. I don't receive any error message after the restart and I can't figure out what is causing it in the setuperr...
  10. Failing to update to 21H1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failing to update to 21H1: I have 2 identically configured MSI laptops, one successfully updated to 21H1, the other one didn't. I went through the downloading, installing phases, rebooted and winver says I have the old 20H1. Weird. 181122