Windows 10: failed update

Discus and support failed update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This update goes to 100% then just gets stuck there? 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by p5200, Aug 1, 2020.

1. p5200 Win User

failed update

This update goes to 100% then just gets stuck there? 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831) Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 1, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 1, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

failed update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

failed update

1. failed update - Similar Threads - failed update

2. Update to Windows 10 version 2004 fail - Error 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 version 2004 fail - Error 0xc1900101: Updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and when my computer restarted I got a blue screen. After restarting my computer reverted back to the previous working version. Any ideas and can someone point out what went exactly wrong with the update? Thanks....
  3. Failed kb4565483 update: CBS fails when updating microsoft-edge component

Failed kb4565483 update: CBS fails when updating microsoft-edge component: Hello, I cannot apply latest windows updates. When checking CBS logs I see the following. Any advice? Thanks. 2020-08-10 19:42:25, Error CSI 00000017@2020/8/10:18:42:25.837 F onecore\base\wcp\rtllib\win32lib\delta_library.cpp287: Error...
  4. Windows feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 repeatedly fails

Windows feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 repeatedly fails: After being offered the 2004 update for a couple of weeks now, I've noticed that it repeatedly fails install. I tried a number of troubleshooting steps, all with no resolution. The Windows Update Troubleshooter can't find a problem. I've also tried the Media Creation Tool...
  5. Windows Feature 2004 update Failed

Windows Feature 2004 update Failed: HI, I cannot install the 2004 features update - it gets to about 71% and then encounters and error, gives me a blue screen saying error, then gives me black screen saying undoing changes to PC. It has a stop code error: system thread exception not handled Would really...
  6. Failed updates and lost "Start Menu" & "Action Center", etc. - Second Attempt!

Failed updates and lost "Start Menu" & "Action Center", etc. - Second Attempt!: Below is a transcript of efforts to correct the problems created by updating Windows 10. The last contact was Thursday, Aug. 6; I have heard nothing more and the problems continue. Please HELP!: On Thursday, July 31, I attempted to install three updates for Windows 10....
  7. SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down: icrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.421] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /devicequery wake_armed NONE C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0]...
  8. Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15: I have tried most solutions in the internet. It has been 2 years since my last windows update. I am currently stuck in windows v 1803 and cannot update further. I have tried most of the solutions given in the internet and yet somehow it still manages to fail. After 90% of the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809

Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809: I consider myself to be a very well-versed Windows 10 user and even I cannot figure out why I cannot update my OS past 1809 even with all of the hardware unplugged. The only way that I personally know of to update my OS is to reformat, and I can't do that because I have...
  10. Dell 7548 failed bios update, won't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell 7548 failed bios update, won't boot.: My laptop started displaying a screen during some shutdown attempts and would restart instead. I had to take a picture to read it and it said "Flash update failed, flash image invalid or not found, system will reset in 5 seconds." This prompted me to check dells site which...