Windows 10: Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

Discus and support Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Try to upgrade from 1607 to 1709 FCU 0x8007042b - 0x2000d The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanaSetyaji, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

Try to upgrade from 1607 to 1709 FCU

0x8007042b - 0x2000d

The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

My Laptop is MSI GE62 2QL with Windows 10 Education

upgrade with Win10_1709_EnglishInternational_x64.ISO file

already use windows update troubleshooter not working.

already tried reset to default hosts file but not working.

My log file here

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgGnF7A8sEAfg3Lhi26T7NBJC4eH

:)

DanaSetyaji, Sep 18, 2018
  2. BobAlston Win User

windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase

windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase

bob

BobAlston, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Window 10 installation failed in SAFE-OS phase

Hi,

I have the same problem but on windows 7, I open your link but I can't find the solution of my problem.

My error is the same "Installation failed in SAFE-OS phase"

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Antonio

Luigiantonio Calò, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

Window 10 installation failed in SAFE-OS phase

My PC with WIn 8.1 doesn't have a recovery partition on the primary SSD, yet consistently fails in that SAFE-OS phase on upgrade with all external HDD devices disconnected, the DVD ROM ATAPI driver disabled (using device manager), Gigabit Ethernet card disabled, WiFi
    adapter disabled after the upgrade files were downloaded, using the 64bit install image on one USB, all other USB devices disabled, AVAST antivirus shields permanently disabled, leaving two internal HDD devices, keyboard and mouse running. And two display
    monitors running.

I even tried physically disconnecting the mouse and keyboard after the upgrade process kicked off. To no avail. Always the same error is encountered at about 25% progress with 83% of the files copied. The drive light goes on at that point and stays on -
    for over 30 minutes, when I do a hard stop with cold boot. After automatic restoration to Win 8.1 the only error reported: is C1900101-20004, "install failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_RECOVERY_ENVIRONMENT" with no explanation or further
    advice on how to cure it.

So do I need a recovery partition and if so, how large should it be, what kind of partition, and how would WIndows know it's a recovery partition anyway?

It's very frustrating - asking mere PC mortals to take all of these device disconnection and disabling steps for a "free" upgrade that repeatedly fails at the same point is not right. Yet the upgrade worked the first time on a similar machine that had Win
    7. SP1 with all external HDDs and peripherals connected but that machine had a little 100 MB recovery partition.

WilliamArticola, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

1. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during... - Similar Threads - Failed Upgrade installation

2. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: 0x8007042b - 0x2000dThe installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.My log file herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHpKABa-wjSgV0vzZqFefoCingS?e=bV1SKf...
  3. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: 0x8007042b - 0x2000dThe installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.My log file herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHpKABa-wjSgV0vzZqFefoCingS?e=bV1SKf...
  4. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot...: Had this ongoing issue for a few years. Every year I would find motivation to fix this problem and would spend at least a month to fix it each day, nothing has solved it. I've watched and researched through countless videos and website on how to solve it, even went scavenging...
  6. 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot...

0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot...: Had this ongoing issue for a few years. Every year I would find motivation to fix this problem and would spend at least a month to fix it each day, nothing has solved it. I've watched and researched through countless videos and website on how to solve it, even went scavenging...
  7. 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 installation failed during safe os phase with an error during boot...

0xc1900101 - 0x20017 installation failed during safe os phase with an error during boot...: Hello, I've been trying to update to the current version of Windows from Windows 1909. I keep getting the error mentioned in the subject no matter what method I try so far I have tried Clean boot with no additional devices plugged in aside from my mouse and keyboard I've...
  8. 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot...

0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot...: Hi I am trying to update my laptop to 20H2 from 1909 but every time I try to update the PC tells me it has failed. If I try an in place update I get the message '0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during the safe OS phase with an error during boot operation' I have...
  9. installation failed in the safe-os phase with an error during boot operation. ERROR...

installation failed in the safe-os phase with an error during boot operation. ERROR...: I have downloaded an iso for windows 10 from the media creation tool, when I am running the setup in the iso it says installing windows 10 it goes 100% it does a lot of restarts and it open to my desktop again and the setup opens and it says the installation failed in the...
  10. the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: error code 0x8007042B - 0x2000D "the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" Hi I am getting this error when ever I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have tried both the Media Creation tool and the Windows Upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows upgrade fails throgh safe ods phase

2. The installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during Migrate_data operation

3. How to fix error 0x8007001F – 0x2000D The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

4. SAFE_OS phase an error occurred during the MIGRATE_DATA process,
  5. 0x8007001f - 0x2000d the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during migrate_data operation symantec,
  6. Upgrade error > 0x8007042B - 0x2000DThe installation Failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation,
  7. 0x8007042B-0x200d The installation failed the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIgrate_Data operation,
  8. windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 safe os error replicate os,
  9. installation failed in safe_os phase migrate_data operation 0x8007042b - 0x2000D,
  10. installation failed safe_os during migrate data operation in Windows 8.1,
  11. 0x800703ee - 0x20009 dailed in safe_os phase,
  12. upgrade rodc 0x8007001f 0x2000D Server 2019,
  13. update 1903 failed in safe_os mode during migration of data,
  14. Windows 10 upgrade failed in the SAFE-Os modewith error during migrate data operation,
  15. window 10 update failed in safe os