Windows 10: Failed Version 1903 Updates

Discus and support Failed Version 1903 Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tech Team: Hi. My laptop is an HP Presario Compaq CQ50-210 US Notebook, OS Windows 10 Pro, build 17134.81, version 1803. Its system has been stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jjb+, Aug 14, 2019.

1. jjb+ Win User

Failed Version 1903 Updates

Tech Team:

Hi. My laptop is an HP Presario Compaq CQ50-210 US Notebook, OS Windows 10 Pro, build 17134.81, version 1803. Its system has been stuck daily, almost constantly, for almost a month, trying to install a Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903. Luckily, I turn my whole PC off every night – otherwise, the dear old thing would have been burned out by now, melted into oblivion – many, many days ago. I’ve tried several workaround potential fixes, found in your forums and from others online, but so far I can’t stop the update activity, or correct it. I’ve run your Windows Update Troubleshoot tool (desktop Settings-Update & Security-Windows Update) a few times, at different points during this ongoing conflict, but none of its assessments helped me. One of its most promising leads, though, offered twice, was the error message, “Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected.” After reading through all the comments on your recent forum addressing this same issue, I decided nothing proposed would be safe enough to test (for instance, running the System File Checker and DISM tools). I’m temporarily sharing a network with others, and I need to protect them from my folly whenever possible. ! Perhaps delaying all updates for a month, starting in July, hindered the installation service, or interfered with database management, but I doubt so, given that despite my settings, updating continued, and included some (non-1903) successes. Anyway, I tried downloading and installing the entire version 1903 package (not just its feature update), first by using your Windows Update Assistant, and then by using the often-recommended Media Creation Tool for 1903. Both failed. The Update Assistant was awful. It lasted over four hours, then faded away, leaving my machine boiling hot, and with no real explanation for its failure. The Media Creation Tool was much better, but it too failed, twice, informing me that it was in conflict with another prospective download, which it theorized (also twice) might be a 1903 feature update -! (apparently the same update my system has been trying to install continuously for several days, and the reason I’d been using the Media Creation Tool in the first place). To help the 1903 MCT during its second run, I turned off the desktop Windows Update service via my Microsoft Control Panel (see below), but that didn't seem to make any difference.

In addition to the above tests, I tried adjusting my active hours settings, and I’ve even turned off (temporarily stopped) your entire Windows Update mechanism via the Windows 10 OS Control Panel’s Services sector (however, I didn't delete the registry key folder – no, thanks). Neither response mattered at all. According to the Windows Update history page, nothing 1903-related has been installed yet – no successes, despite several installation attempts. I looked for the intended 1903 feature update on my Control Panel’s Installed Update screen, but it wasn’t there. I also consulted my Control Panel’s Programs and Features page for the 1903 feature update and for the entire Windows 10, version 1903 package, but found neither.

Any other ideas?

I’ll appreciate whatever help you can provide.

Thanks.

jjb

P.S. As a test, I ran the System File Checker, and it suggested I call Microsoft tech support or seek other outside tech help regarding corrupted files. I can’t. Either way, I don’t necessarily want to update from 1803 to 1903. (In fact, at this point, I’d mostly rather not move to 1903.) I’m just trying to stop the continuous download/

installation attempts. ouch. hot. slow. Thanks.--j

:)

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 14, 2019
  3. W10- Update to version 1903 failed; Error code 0x80240034

Hello,

I recommend you to upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[GUIDE] How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Using ISO File

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Failed Version 1903 Updates

Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Failed Version 1903 Updates

1. Failed Version 1903 Updates - Similar Threads - Failed Version 1903

2. Windows 10 update Version 1803 to Version 1903 failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update Version 1803 to Version 1903 failed: Hi Please advise how I can update my Windows version I have been trying for months to update my HP Windows 10 computer from Version 1803 to Version 1903 and get a failed to install error every time I do the update. I have disabled my firewall and Antivirus. The Feature...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1903 fails to update

Windows 10 Version 1903 fails to update: I scheduled a call for MS tech support last Friday, I have her access to my pc & mousse sharing the screen, went through some steps and didn't work. She suggested arranging another call using the same case number but she kept asking for my email so I decided to ask the...
  4. Window Version 1903 Failed to Update

Window Version 1903 Failed to Update: Have been tried to update with Widows 10 Update Asst. and a Windows.ISO dvd disk created by MediaCreationTool 1903. But boths are failed with error 0x80240034 and 0x80070714. My note book is running pre installed Windows and the current version is 1803 date 30 May 2018 OS...
  5. Failed to update Windows 10 version 1903

Failed to update Windows 10 version 1903: Update failed to install 9 times now it is not available What is the reason for that I tried every solution but it remains the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-update-windows-10-version-1903/a6048652-eaae-4ef3-9f91-ba23693bda5d
  6. Update to windows 10 version 1903 fails

Update to windows 10 version 1903 fails: Have been unable to install the new Windows 10 version 1903. Keeps failing at “91% complete” and gives me a “Blue Screen” with a “Stop code: BAD POOL HEADER”. I have tried the following without any good results. 1) Force Windows 10 to Download the Update v1903 from...
  7. Failed to update to Windows 10 version 1903

Failed to update to Windows 10 version 1903: Hi, As the title said, I've been trying to update to version 1903, which has been available to my laptop since June, but it's constantly failing to install. The problems I encounter consistently - Update via windows update: the download process ALWAYS stuck at 99%, I...
  8. Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1903

Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1903: Hi, i've got multiple failures while trying to install the 1903 Update for Windows 10. When i write the WindowsUpdate.log-File, the answer is not very transparent for me. My current Version is 1809 with the Buildnumber 17763.652 And here is a snippet from my logfile. At...
  9. Version 1903 fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1903 fail: Hi I've attempted to update to version 1903 several times but it always fails with error 0xc1420121. Does this mean that it's the end of my PC? 137866
  10. Windows Update to version 1903 keeps failing.

Windows Update to version 1903 keeps failing.: No matter how many times I tried Windows Update fails. Earlier used to report an error code 0x80240034. but recently when I tried to update again, it gives me Error 0x80d02002. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why are HP Envy Notebook updates not installing