Windows 10: Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue

Discus and support Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For no apparent reason, I can no longer download some email attachments or stuff from the internet. It says "Failed - Virus scan failed". I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RA1218, May 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM.

1. RA1218 Win User

Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue

For no apparent reason, I can no longer download some email attachments or stuff from the internet. It says "Failed - Virus scan failed". I have done the regedit workaround which only worked once. What can I do?

:)

2. Kath UP Win User

'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

3. Failed - Virus scan failed

hello! I am trying to add OceanHero to Chrome, but it keeps saying "Failed - Virus scan failed".

bits4turn367, May 20, 2020 at 2:03 PM
  4. Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue

FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Thema:

Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue

1. Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue - Similar Threads - Failed Virus Scan

2. Failed Virus Scan Fail with Windows 10 latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed Virus Scan Fail with Windows 10 latest update: I have updated the latest Windows 10 update and since then have been unable to download any documents, files or mp3s. I have gone through all the online help i.e. I have used the inetcpl.cpl and ensured the relevant boxes are enabled. I have changed the regedit.exe...
  3. 'Virus scan failed' message

'Virus scan failed' message: When I try to download a word document from a person I know, it looks like the document is being downloaded but then a message comes up that says "Failed-Virus scan failed" How do I change the settings - is it a security setting that needs to be changed?...
  4. Virus scan failed

Virus scan failed: I am unable to download any programs from the internet Windows 10, every time it states 'Virus scan failed'. I have tried several things that haven't fixed it so hoping this forum will provide an answer so I don't have to rebuild the system. Thanks...
  5. Failed-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...
  6. Virus Scan Failed ERROR!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virus Scan Failed ERROR!: Hi And I have this issue where it says "virus scan failed" every time I DOWNLOAD something I even tried using edge and even ie and it still doesn't work. And the regedit trick doesn't work And I uninstalled my antivirus Please help! Browser I am using: Google Chorme OS:...
  7. "virus scan failed" message when downloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "virus scan failed" message when downloading: Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have looked at my virus software and couldn't see any details about why downloads are blocked, nor could I find any of my computer...
  8. Virus Scan Failed

Virus Scan Failed: Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  9. "Virus scan failed" notice

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Virus scan failed" notice: When I try to download a EXE file onto my computer I get a "Virus scan failed" notice. I contacted McAfee, which was the file I was trying to download, and they suggested that I contact you as they were thinking it was a registry entry of windows defender. Using Windows...
  10. virus scan failed

virus scan failed: whenever i try o download anything it says virus scan failed. macafee web advisor wont uninstall either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/ec932c18-be40-490d-acc3-29d35854d2b4