Windows 10: "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...

Discus and support "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to download something from google chrome or on edge. When I tried to download a PDF from my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lalit Chinnappa, Mar 3, 2019.

1. "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...

This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to download something from google chrome or on edge. When I tried to download a PDF from my mail, the message appears and won't let me download it. I tried turning off the antivirus (McAfee) and windows defender but the error still persists. Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Operating system : Windows 10 Home

:)

Lalit Chinnappa, Mar 3, 2019

2. FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Niarod Win User
    Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : ESET SysInspector | Free PC Diagnostic Tool
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Mar 3, 2019
  4. "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...

"Virus Scan Failed"

So I am attempting to download a powerpoint for class and my computer will download the file but won't open it because of "Failed- Virus scan failed". When I right click it, it only gives me the option for "more info". I have done what was recommended
    which was to check with the software to see why the scanning failed. I had it scan the file but it said that it was safe. I then found two more firewall/security apps so after uninstalling two security softwares and deactivating my current one, it still will
    not open. What do I do?

Cassandra L Tso, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

"Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...

1. "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to... - Similar Threads - Failed Virus scan

2. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed: I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed - Virus scan failed....
  3. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed: I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed - Virus scan failed....
  4. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  5. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  6. Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed: Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed. I aslo cant turn on my microsoft defender anti virus, I have tried changing the value to 1 ive tried uninstalling all other anti virus things nothing has worked...
  7. Failed- Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed- Virus Scan Failed: Hello and good day! I have trouble in downloading files from Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Every time I tried downloading, it shows Failed - virus scan failed. I only use Windows Defender as my protection and currently running on Windows 10. This started to happen back...
  8. 'Virus scan failed' message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Virus scan failed' message: When I try to download a word document from a person I know, it looks like the document is being downloaded but then a message comes up that says "Failed-Virus scan failed" How do I change the settings - is it a security setting that needs to be changed?...
  9. Failed-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...
  10. every download on my computer is failing with message virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    every download on my computer is failing with message virus scan failed: download fails with message virus scan failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-download-on-my-computer-is-failing-with/0feea00d-a13b-491f-ad56-58f94442de8c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Everytime I try to download a file I get a message that says Failed-Virus Scan Failed

2. virus scan failed message