Windows 10: Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase

Discus and support Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10. I've made sure I am fully patched, AV off or uninstalled, tried both ISO and USB media. It stopps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertCanavan1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase

I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10. I've made sure I am fully patched, AV off or uninstalled, tried both ISO and USB media. It stopps and reverts after the second boot each time with the failure SAFE_OS phase. It's a Dell XPS 8300 2 TB drive.

Bob Canavan

:)

RobertCanavan1, Sep 19, 2019

2. upgrade from win 7 to win 10 failed

while i'm doing upgrade to win 10 from win 7,

i got the following error during the installation of win 10 :

0x800700A1-ox2000c

the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an Error during Apply_image operation..

and then it's restored to win 7 again..

any help.. thanks

Mohamed-Ismail, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Upgrade win 7 to win 10

Upgrading win 7 pro to win 10 pro 32 bit error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation

JohnCooper9, Sep 19, 2019
  4. solpuerto Win User

Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase

Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase

Hi all

I have been given a 5 year old Asus F5VL laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium to upgrade to Win 10.

I created a USB with the Media Creation Tool on it and used that to install win 10. The procedure goes all the way and appears to install Win 10 but when it restarts the laptop at the end it opens with Windows 7 and I get the following message.

We Couldn't install Windows 10
    We have set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10

0xC1900101 – 0x20017v

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Can anyone provide any assistance to help me sort this out.

Many thanks

solpuerto, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase

1. Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase - Similar Threads - Failed upgrade Safe_OS

2. Windows 7 SP1 Pro Upgrade to Windows 10 Fails with SAFE_OS phase / REPLICATE_OC Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 SP1 Pro Upgrade to Windows 10 Fails with SAFE_OS phase / REPLICATE_OC Error: I'm unable to use Windows 10 Media Creation tool to do an in-place upgrade of my Windows 7 Pro SP1. I'm really trying to avoid doing a clean install so I can preserve my files and apps The error I get 15% in is: "0x8007001F 0x20006 - The installation failed in the SAFE_OS...
  3. Win 7 to win 10 udpate: 0x8007001F-0x20006, The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase...

Win 7 to win 10 udpate: 0x8007001F-0x20006, The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase...: I've been beating my head against this for the better part of a week - part-time that is. Setupdiag confirms I think what setupact.log has been telling me which is that I'm stumbling over something relating to an Optional Component. Setupdiag makes the following...
  4. Windows 10 In-place Upgrade fails : Error: "Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with...

Windows 10 In-place Upgrade fails : Error: "Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with...: I provide IT Support to various clients and have had two Windows 7 PCs recently fail to upgrade to Windows 10 using Media Creation with the same error. Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation The 1st time this happened, I...
  5. Error 0x8007005-0x2000A Failed in the SAFE_OS phase when trying to upgrade to Windows 7 to...

Error 0x8007005-0x2000A Failed in the SAFE_OS phase when trying to upgrade to Windows 7 to...: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  6. Trying to upgrade a Win 7 Pro pc to Win 10 and keep getting "Installation failed in Safe_OS...

Trying to upgrade a Win 7 Pro pc to Win 10 and keep getting "Installation failed in Safe_OS...: Trying to upgrade a Win 7 Pro pc to Win 10 and keep getting "Installation failed in Safe_OSphase with error during Migrate_data operation. Have tried everything i can find on it. I've tried the troubleshooter, SFC, cleaned the Registry, downloaded the latest updates from...
  7. Upgrade from Win 7 failed in SAFE_OS phase during MIGRATE_DATA operati

Upgrade from Win 7 failed in SAFE_OS phase during MIGRATE_DATA operati: Hi. I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro, while retaining my data. I repeatedly get the error above with error codes 0x80070011 - 0x2000D. I have quite a number of errors logged in the "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log" file, but the last...
  8. 0x80070013 - 0x2000A The installation Failed is SAFE_OS Phase

0x80070013 - 0x2000A The installation Failed is SAFE_OS Phase: [img] After issue with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 I have to reinstall Windows 10 to stock Windows 10 1703. I now am trying to upgrade this to the latest version of Windows 10 but get the above error. Does anybody know how to resolve issue? Thank you for all help. 134850
  9. How to fix error "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase...."

How to fix error "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase....": I tried to upgrad from 7 to 10 by install setup.exe in ISO file.But the intallation stuck at 23% total, 77% copy file, the installation restart to restore previous windows(7).I faced with this problem in two day. I DOWNLOADED A NEW ISO FILE. It work!! You can try. 10490
  10. Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase

Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase: Hi all I have been given a 5 year old Asus F5VL laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium to upgrade to Win 10. I created a USB with the Media Creation Tool on it and used that to install win 10. The procedure goes all the way and appears to install Win 10 but when it...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1903 safe_os apply_image