Windows 10: Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511

Discus and support Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Much to my chagrin, my father accepted the Win7 -> Win10 on-the-fly update on his Samsung RV511. I would have much rather done a clean install. Well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by buy_hevs, Oct 7, 2018.

1. buy_hevs Win User

Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511

Much to my chagrin, my father accepted the Win7 -> Win10 on-the-fly update on his Samsung RV511. I would have much rather done a clean install. Well, his machine had built up so much crapware; that when he visited me this weekend, the machine had slowed to a crawl.

I had him back-up everything to a portable hard drive; and as he was running Win10 64-bit software, I downloaded corresponding *.iso from MS and burned them to DVD. I then booted to the DVD, started a Clean Install, and let it churn overnight. The next morning it prompted me to connect to my home WiFi, and continued onto the "Express Settings" choices. After clicking right / next for a couple pages, I see a page with the circling dots telling me to wait "Just a Moment" The machine then reboots, and I find myself at the Express Settings screen.

I booted to the DVD, and went into the Advanced Troubleshooting. There was an article, that I can't find this morning, that recommended running a CHKDSK; which I did from a Command Line window, and found that the HD was fine. That being the case, I decided to try to install 32- bit Win10 instead. I booted to DVD, which I created using the Media Creation Tool just like I did for the 64 bit disk; and this time it prompted me to provide my Windows Lic Key, which I found strange as the 64-bit install hadn't, but l choose to click thru as that was an option. Plus I thought that MS could now verify a license over the internet based up my computers "Chip ID".

The install progressed, but got stuck at 51% for four hours. Before I went to bed I restarted the install, but found that it was now stuck at 1%. My parents left this morning, so I instructed my dad to take it to an IT professional.

I was able to see, during one of the installation attempts above that the Samsung OEM partion is still there; but surfing around this morning, I'm reading it can't "save us" if I've already tried to reinstall an OS.

(at least I got exercise upgrading to Win10, as I am planning on applying the updates to my Windows 8 HP Slate 7 and MS Surface 3 this winter.)

:)

buy_hevs, Oct 7, 2018

2. cannot install windows 10 on samsung rv511 laptop

After more then 20 attempts I succeeded to install the windows 10 on my samsung rv511. I applied all the alternatives namely tried to download and upgrade from get windows 10 notification, updated windows,
    drivers & bios, downgraded to windows 8 and 7, again installed windows 8.1. created media file on dvd and usb and tried for clean install, purchased pirated dvd from market and tried, added 2 gb ram even changed the hdd but failed in all attempts. I saw a
    suggestion in this forum to replace the Boardcom WLAN card and try to install, this method helped me at last. I replaced Boardcom WLAN card by 1T2R mini card and it worked.Again i put Boardcom and it did not boot, so the culprit is Boardcom WLAN card. Clean
    install format all disk partition and let windows format the disk in GPT Table.

tanka paneru, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Samsung RV511 upgrade problems to windows 10

Hello Ian,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10 upgrade.

As I have already seen that you have posted another post for the same issue, however did you try the steps in the below link?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...11-a0cuk/88f09ca6-4a4b-40c8-b0c4-56bca2677c68

If yes, what is the status of the issue?

Please refrain from creating multiple post for the same issue to avoid confusion.

Please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511

Samsung RV511 upgrade problems to windows 10

Dear Anju

Thank you for your reply. There are a large number of posts and it is very well documented that clearly identify this very issue and no amount of going back to basics and doing the same thing over and over with the same result will solve this problem.

As we know the problem is with the Broadcom WLAN card in the Samsung RV511 and the only way to resolve the issue to date is to change this wifi card.

Can you please tell me and the Community of Samsung Owners

-Are Microsoft intending to send any update with regard to this Broadcom Wi Fi card issue?

-Or do we need to have the Wifi card changed?

Thank You

IanAndrews7, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511

1. Failed Win Reinstall on Samsung RV511 - Similar Threads - Failed Reinstall Samsung

2. Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade: Hopefully someone can guide me in the right way. I just had my old computer flake out on me. It was set up with three 120G SSDs in a raid format for performance. Yesterday one of the drives just stopped working and my system is down. With faster SSDs I dont really need raid....
  3. I can not install Windows 10 on my samsung RV511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can not install Windows 10 on my samsung RV511: Problem lies with Wireless LAN card. You need to replace your WLAN card with another card, make sure it's not a Broadcom. To replace your WLAN card your need to remove your laptops casing. Make sure you know what you are doing or get done it from professional. Cheers....
  4. Samsung NP-RV511-S09ES cannot install w10 v1903

Samsung NP-RV511-S09ES cannot install w10 v1903: Hello. This laptop is giving me a big headache. When trying to boot w10 installation or w10 XPE it always get stalled at Windows blue logo forever. Any ideas?. Processor is a 4th gen. i5 BIOS updated from 03PA (2011) to 07PA (2013) latest version. 141268
  5. Can't install Windows 10 on Samsung NP-RV511 (Broadcom WiFi card issue)

Can't install Windows 10 on Samsung NP-RV511 (Broadcom WiFi card issue): Hello everyone, I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 8.1 installed, and I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. When I tried a clean install with USB the loading animation didn't show under the windows logo, even after a few hours. The same issue for the normal "upgrade"...
  6. Reinstalled win 10

Reinstalled win 10: I REALLY THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS OK NOT:OH I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 BECAUSE UPDATES ADVANCED OPTIONS ONLY CAN CLICK ON TOP BUTTON AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE DOWNLOAD BUTTON WILL NOT STAY ON GOES IMMEDIATELY TO OFF OH PLEASE HELP? i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP?...
  7. Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD: Hi I have many sectors failed (1186) and 400 suspect ones according to Sentinal on my Desktop HD I am running Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7. If I buy another HD, how do I install Win10 on it as I only have the original Win 7 disc. Any help or links to follow would be...
  8. Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail: Samsung Magician can't recognize the SATA 3 and AHCI mode. When I checked the Event Viewer I got an error saying that "Magician SATA Reader fail". How to fix this? Is it because of drivers or hardware problem? Specs below. Intel Core i7 6800K Corsair H110i GT Asus ROG...
  9. Reinstalling win 10

Reinstalling win 10: Hi I want to reinstall a laptop currently installed with Pro x32 version and I have few questions please. Would the activation key still be valid if I will install the x64 version (Machine has a x64 CPU). I am not sure whether the current installation is a "upgraded...
  10. W10 install fails on samsung 700ZA3

W10 install fails on samsung 700ZA3: Hi all, I'm coming to you with my problem. I had W8.1 on my laptop. I finally decided few days ago to upgrade to W10. Upgrade went "well" matter of speaking, because everything was very slow and buggy. So i've decided to reinstall on clean hard drive. This is when...