Windows 10: Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license

Discus and support Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Community, I have a problem activating my PC after installing Windows 10 PRO from W10 HOME that took place today 7/16/21.I've been using a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mike Banks mike, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license

Hello Community, I have a problem activating my PC after installing Windows 10 PRO from W10 HOME that took place today 7/16/21.I've been using a custom PC Digitalstorm with Windows 10 Home edition since 2016. The PC came with the Windows 10 Home CD. Over the years, I've performed all the updates over the years, all was good.....until today. The goal was to upgrade to Windows 10 PRO to take advantage of additional features remote desktop.First Step: Started with Settings > About, and noticed that I had to re-activate the PC - which I did, and the PC was successfully activated Window

:)

Mike Banks mike, Jul 16, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 16, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Recon-UK Win User

Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license

Ahem... lost my activation when upgrading from AMD Phenom II to my XEON...
    Installed "legit" activated Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and yes i paid for the license originally, but that key no longer works.. i paid more than enough to MS *Shadedshun :shadedshu:
    Anyway once 7 is installed.. go here... Download Windows 10
    Click Upgrade Now, it will give you a download with an app that gives you legit activated Windows 10 based on your Win 7 activation.

Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license untitled-png.png

Recon-UK, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license

1. Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license - Similar Threads - Failed HOME PRO

2. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  3. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  4. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Fails: I just purchased from Microsoft Store an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro. The online installation failed. I did not, however, record the error number it might have been 0x800704ec, but I cannot be certain.My questions are the following:1. How do I return to the...
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Failed

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Failed: Hi,I have just bought the Win10 Pro upgrade, went to install and it failed. Now my Windows 10 product key seems to be corrupt, and my Windows 10 says it is enterprise edition instead of home and no longer activated. Trying to re-activate fails due to invalid key.I can find my...
  7. Windows 10 home upgrade to pro failed

Windows 10 home upgrade to pro failed: I had a hard drive failure. When I had a new drive installed the company installed a non-activated copy of Windows 10 home on the new drive. I did not notice that the version was inactive being as I was going to upgrade to pro. I went to the Windows store and purchased the...
  8. Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I`ve just upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro edition via Microsoft Store, and after a restart Windows tells me that there is a problem with activation, error 0xC004F025. But I didn`t receive any new product key in my order confirmation email, and old key for Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS: Hi, I bought a new laptop - running Windows 10 Home - and removed all the softwares that came with it. Then I bought from the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Pro. The upgrade installs, reboots, and when it come back, I've got this message: "We couldn't complete the upgrade,...