Windows 10: Failed Windows 10 install has corrupted Windows 7 install on seperate hard drive

Discus and support Failed Windows 10 install has corrupted Windows 7 install on seperate hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I spent the entireity of yesterday trying to install Windows 10 on a seconday hard drive to my Windows 7 install drive for a dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SynchronicityII, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Failed Windows 10 install has corrupted Windows 7 install on seperate hard drive

Hi there, I spent the entireity of yesterday trying to install Windows 10 on a seconday hard drive to my Windows 7 install drive for a dual boot system. After coming upon an error stating that I had to reinstall Windows 10 I reformatted that drive and attempted to install from scratch, where upon I would constantly get stuck on the Windows logo screen before even entering installation no spinning dots even.

After hours and hours of this I removed the hard drive and USB media installation drive, put the boot priority back to my main Windows 7 install drive, and now I cannot even boot into that Start-up recovery just goes to a black screen, or I get a BSOD error "Page Fault in Non Paged Area", as well as sometimes being greeted by a Windows 10 style GUI screen giving options for "Use another OS", "Boot Options" etc...

Somehow this dodgy failed Windows 10 install on a seperate drive has infected my previously fully functional Windows 7 install, potentially losing me access to years worth of programs and installed software that I might not be able to reinstall if the Windows 7 install is completely corrupted.

Any ideas on how to fix this absolute mess?

Cheers!

:)

SynchronicityII, Dec 22, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Dec 22, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Failed Windows 10 install has corrupted Windows 7 install on seperate hard drive

Installing windows from usb hard drive

I know you can do that, but what about having different windows installers on each partition? I think that's what the OP needs.

erocker, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Failed Windows 10 install has corrupted Windows 7 install on seperate hard drive

1. Failed Windows 10 install has corrupted Windows 7 install on seperate hard drive - Similar Threads - Failed install has

2. Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7: Hi,I'm trying to upgrade my PC from Windows 7, to Windows 10. However, Everytime during the installation process. An error pops up saying Windows 10 installation has failed, no error codes or nothing.Is there any way for me to narrow it down?I've tried this website -...
  3. Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7: Hi,I'm trying to upgrade my PC from Windows 7, to Windows 10. However, Everytime during the installation process. An error pops up saying Windows 10 installation has failed, no error codes or nothing.Is there any way for me to narrow it down?I've tried this website -...
  4. Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing Windows 11 on seperate drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 on seperate drive: It has been a while since using a dual boot system. Is this still available with Windows10/11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-on-seperate-drive/c88d59c8-7d07-45a8-9add-a6e0b27c0896
  6. Installing Windows 11 on seperate drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 11 on seperate drive: It has been a while since using a dual boot system. Is this still available with Windows10/11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-on-seperate-drive/c88d59c8-7d07-45a8-9add-a6e0b27c0896
  7. Installing OS on a seperate hard drive

Installing OS on a seperate hard drive: I am trying to install an OS to a new hard drive for a computer I built, if I purchase the windows 10 OS, can I install it on a hard drive through a SATA reader other than the C: drive or is it going to try to default to my computers C: drive? Also, is the license going to...
  8. Windows 10 installation has failed at 77% in windows 7

Windows 10 installation has failed at 77% in windows 7: I'm having laptop initially installed windows 7 ultimate. But i want to install windows 10 in it. I've tried almost 20 times but the failure message is same "Windows 10 installation has failed". I've checked my setuperr log in windows BT folder in c drive and found so many...
  9. Installing Windows 10 corrupts the hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing Windows 10 corrupts the hard drive: I am working on on an ASUS X555LAB laptop that began booting to BIOS every time it was started. It also ran slowly and was buggy. Following a clean installation of Windows 10 it initially ran well but after a few smooth re-boots and Windows 10 updates as well as driver...
  10. Partition hard drive to install Windows 7

Partition hard drive to install Windows 7: Hello all, I've already upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, and there were no issues with the upgrade. However, I work from home and my work has informed me that they won't accept Windows 10, they will only accept 7 or 8.1 as their operating system (they also only...