Windows 10: Failed Windows 10 setup on refurbished computer

Discus and support Failed Windows 10 setup on refurbished computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I turned on my refurbished computer and the power got cut off before I could finish setting up as per the instructions that were sent with it. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zephyr85, Sep 19, 2016.

1. zephyr85 Win User

Failed Windows 10 setup on refurbished computer

Hi, I turned on my refurbished computer and the power got cut off before I could finish setting up as per the instructions that were sent with it. Now it is stuck on a screen that says the account is disabled, contact your administrator. There is only an OK button and it does nothing. There is NO power button so I can't do shift+restart, window button + R doesn't do anything and I've tried everything to start in safe mode to no avail....*Mad Please help!

:)

zephyr85, Sep 19, 2016

2. Reinstall Win 10 with COA for refurbished computer

My refurbished Win 10 computer's hard drive failed and wouldn't boot. I have another hard drive that is formatted for windows. I have a Win 10 COA for the refurbished computer. Do I have to purchase a new copy of Win 10 or can I use the COA. If so,
    how do I do it?

BryceNorwood, Sep 19, 2016
  3. W10Pro for Refurbished PC's reinstallation

My company bought a refurbished laptop on ebay that came with a legit Windows 10 Pro for refurbished PC sticker on the bottom of it. The hard drive failed and needed to be replaced. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 but it's not accepting the key that
    is stuck to the bottom of the computer. Is there special media for refurbished pc licenses because the tool to create the media found here: Download Windows 10
    is not working when I enter the key.

Please help.

Kate Johnston (katejohnston), Sep 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, what exactly were you trying to do? A clean install of Win 10?

If so, you'll need to format your disk, and redo the installation.

dalchina, Sep 19, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    At a guess, "zephyr85" had a power failure during the initial setup of a pre-installed copy of Windows 10. I refer to the OOBE ( out of box experience) that happens when you buy a Windows PC.

Depending on the license type, the poster may need help from the supplier of the PC. (I don't pretend to be familiar with that.)

bobkn, Sep 19, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, maybe configuration rather than installation. I wonder if there's a recovery partition...

Suggest your options are:
    a. Contact your supplier as @bobkn suggests

If they won't support you:
    After having checked your disk
    b. Use the recovery partition if such exists,
    c. Get a Win 10 install medium and clean install Windows

dalchina, Sep 19, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    I would suggest you unplug the computer ,hold the computers power button in for about one minute ,then plug it back in and try turning it on again ... if nothing happens post back with info on what happens

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Failed Windows 10 setup on refurbished computer - Similar Threads - Failed setup refurbished

2. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  3. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  4. refurbished computer damaged windows 10

refurbished computer damaged windows 10: hello how can i unintsall then reinstall a nondamaged windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-damaged-windows-10/ab191574-e10b-47ce-9d6a-01c64ba0212f
  5. Imaging refurbished computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Imaging refurbished computers: I have several computers that I am looking to refurbish. These all arrived to me with the hard drives wiped so I do not know what OS was on them previously. These machines originally came with windows 8. On the 2 machines that I have looked at so far, I was able to install...
  6. refurbished computer key

refurbished computer key: I have a refurbished computer and my activation key says its for a refurbished computer. when I try to apply the key, i'm told its not valid. how can I make it work?...
  7. refurbished computer and activating windows

refurbished computer and activating windows: bought from Walmart refurbished. says activation code is already being used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-and-activating-windows/85f60fb4-1ad5-43b2-aeb5-ed2512893ed2
  8. Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?

Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?: I bought a computer from a shop that claimed it is a microsoft authorized refurbisher. I can't find any Certificate of Authenticity label in my computer and the staff claimed there are no longer having such kind label in the computer that he dold. Is that normal that...
  9. Refurbished computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refurbished computer with windows 10: I recently purchased a computer through walmart.com. I came with Windows 10. I had to call your company to get it activated. Now, when I try to download anything it asks for a password before I can open the files. I never made a password and my Microsoft password doesn't...
  10. Windows 10 setup fail

Windows 10 setup fail: Hello For the last year/months I've been trying to update Windows 10 in the end I contacted Microsoft for technical support help but every time the Windows 10 update fails either I can't get to complete the CUSTOM installation or I give control to the technical staff they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows refurbished without coa 9999-

2. windows upgrade on refurbished computer

3. install windows 10 pro for refurbished pc