Windows 10: Failed Windows 10 Update Issues

Discus and support Failed Windows 10 Update Issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Okay, I have been having some serious update issues with Windows 10. The short story is that the "cumulative" update keeps failing. Here's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Izoto, May 29, 2018.

1. Izoto Win User

Failed Windows 10 Update Issues

Okay, I have been having some serious update issues with Windows 10.

The short story is that the "cumulative" update keeps failing.

Here's the longer version.

Since at least last week, I have been trying to update my computer. However, every time I go on the update portal or whatever in settings, it keeps saying it's failed. And I get that notification about it not being able to install all updates. I have clicked update from settings, I have restarted multiple times when it said "awaiting restart, did both "update and shutdown" and "update and restart," and all that jazz and it never works. It just keeps saying it failed. Just yesterday (the 28th,) it automatically "updated" twice on me when I was away from my laptop, wasting valuable time for me. One of the times was when my computer was on lock screen. Of course, both updates failed.

This is very infuriating.

So, I did the windows update troubleshoot. Before going much further, it told me that one way to fix the issue was to have the program uninstall all updates and reinstall them. Does that work? It seems extreme and honestly worries me a lot. If it is, please let me know. I have passed on that "fix" and it brings me to this:

Failed Windows 10 Update Issues [​IMG]

The troubleshooter keeps talking about the pending restart, but as I have said, the restart has yet to work for me.

Even now, the shut down function says to "update and shut down" or "update and restart."

Maybe I'm just clueless in all this, but I really need y'all help on this one.

:)

Izoto, May 29, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Updates failed to install in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to open the update history and check if any updates are pending or failed to install. To check the Windows Update History, then follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Type Windows update on the search bar, then, click on
      Check for updates tab.
    • Click on Advanced option under
      Windows Update
      tab in the Update and Security Window.
    • Click on View your update history
      in the Advanced option Window.
    • Check, all the Windows update KB article numbers installed in the
      View your update history Window.
    Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance. We are happy to help.

Arul_D, May 29, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Update for Windows 10 (KB3081704) fails to install everytime.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply

• What exactly happens when you try to Update?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the windows updates?
    • Have you updated all the drivers?

I suggest you to run BITS troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with
    Windows Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your
    Windows Update. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run BITS troubleshooter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Failed Windows 10 Update Issues

1. Failed Windows 10 Update Issues - Similar Threads - Failed Update Issues

2. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.: Hello,Upon latest Windows 10 update being cut short due a power cut, I have been having all sorts of issues with installing/uninstalling I believe being the root issue.-Restarting either takes a long time hours or is 'stuck'. Shutdown fine.-Clicking to access Settings option...
  3. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.: Hello,Upon latest Windows 10 update being cut short due a power cut, I have been having all sorts of issues with installing/uninstalling I believe being the root issue.-Restarting either takes a long time hours or is 'stuck'. Shutdown fine.-Clicking to access Settings option...
  4. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Window Update issue and all the tricks failed

Window Update issue and all the tricks failed: Dear Friends, I really seek your advise as I am trying to update my window. But failed all the times. 1. Normal update from the windows update section, but it was not updating.2. Then I used the trouble shoot so that it can fix the issue, but no issue was detected.3. Then...
  7. Windows 10 Updates failing to update.

Windows 10 Updates failing to update.: Hello, I have been dealing with a frustrating issue regarding 2 windows 10 updates for about 2-3 weeks now.My computer prompts me to update windows 10, and every time it updates, I get the following blue screen errors: Driver_PNP_WatchdogPower_Driver_State_FailureAs well as...
  8. windows update fails with space issues

windows update fails with space issues: Hi,I have a PC with 30GB HDD C drive with a 1TB SDD slot for extending storage. I have installed the 1 TB SDD ok as D drive. C drive is quite full while D is empty. Is there a way for windows update to use the free space on the D drive? I found a method that uses mkelem -j to...
  9. Windows 10 update failed

Windows 10 update failed: following a failed update my laptop has been looping for 15 hours showing "undoing changes made to your computer....." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failed/d031d2f1-8115-40cf-b8b1-a37ed7d7c79e
  10. Windows 10 fails to update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fails to update: Each time I boot up my PC it tries (but fails) to install two updates; (1) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163207) with Error code 0x8007371b and (2) Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 update fail 0xc19001e2