Windows 10: Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop

Discus and support Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updated fine while logging off. But upon logging back in. Windows gave me and error and said it was undoing changes. Once it was complete it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OliverSlade, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop

Windows updated fine while logging off. But upon logging back in. Windows gave me and error and said it was undoing changes. Once it was complete it restarted and.. Failed to update and undid changes again. So on so on

So I activated windows automatic repair, and proceeded to do a system restore to the restore point created by the update. The restore said it completed successfully and told me to restart. Did that. But upon loading up, windows automatic repair appeared. Nothing i did made it go. Not even attempting to start in safe mode worked.

So I attempted the restore again. Said it was successful, same story. Then i tried another restore but further back. Same story.

And now im here. I dont know what the update was but it was an "important security update"

Thanks - Ollie

:)

OliverSlade, Feb 15, 2019

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 15, 2019
  3. stuck in the auto repair loop in windows 10

I recently updated to windows 10. when I turn on the computer I get the windows screen with trying to auto repair then it comes back and says can not repair pc. restart computer. I am stuck in this loop. Help.

kim plaziak, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop

Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Man, I need help with this one.

I was playing a game when the system unexpectedly froze, and rebooted.

It got stuck half way through the reboot process, so I hit the Reset switch on the front panel.

It got stuck half way through the reboot process again, so I held the Power switch on the front panel for four seconds to shut down.

Half an hour later, I rebooted and the machine went into Automatic Repair mode, which failed.

Under Advanced options, I tried a recent System Restore, which succeeded in itself. But as soon as I rebooted, the machine went back into Auto Repair mode. I performed another System Repair to a few days earlier, rebooted and am still stuck in Auto Repair
    mode. It's like the machine isn't booting to the Restored files, but is stuck with the Auto Repair switch in the "on" position, as if the machine isn't aware a System Restore has occurred and there are different files to boot from.

I was able to get into the Command Prompt, which shows the Windows version as 10.1.17134.112. Curiously, underneath the displayed version number was the message "Not enough memory resources available to process this command." No idea what that means, as
    I hadn't typed in any commands yet.

The failed Repair listed a log file under C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\SRT\SrtTrail.txt but I was unable to find any such file. For starters, the Command Prompt had me in the X: directory, and wouldn't allow switching to C:. Secondly, there was an X:\Windows\System32\LogFiles
    directory, but it did not contain the SRT directory.

Can anyone make sense of this? I don't know what to try next.

Jim Simon 2112, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop

1. Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop - Similar Threads - Failed update Stuck

2. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck In Auto repair loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  3. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck In Auto repair loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  4. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  5. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  7. Stuck in the auto repair loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in the auto repair loop.: My PC failed to run an application. So I rebooted the PC and when I logged in the screen started to flicker so I waited 10 minutes and then turned off the PC. On restarting the PC, it got stuck in an automatic repair cycle.I tried startup repair did not workI tried Chkdsk...
  8. Stuck in the auto repair loop.

Stuck in the auto repair loop.: My PC failed to run an application. So I rebooted the PC and when I logged in the screen started to flicker so I waited 10 minutes and then turned off the PC. On restarting the PC, it got stuck in an automatic repair cycle.I tried startup repair did not workI tried Chkdsk...
  9. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: Man, I need help with this one. I was playing a game when the system unexpectedly froze, and rebooted. It got stuck half way through the reboot process, so I hit the Reset switch on the front panel. It got stuck half way through the reboot process again, so I held the...
  10. Stuck on Auto repair loop

Stuck on Auto repair loop: I’ve had my laptop for about 6 or 7 years. A Dell Inspiron 3520, It worked perfecly fine, has never given me a problem until last September(2017) I was about to shut it down and it asked me for a system update, I clicked cancel and turned it off so i would do it the next day....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is stuck in automatic repair