Windows 10: Failing flash drive causes windows not to find driver for hard drive

Discus and support Failing flash drive causes windows not to find driver for hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2...LoUc1hsNy1jUBl The only thing different from the specs in the link is that I added a pci e Nvidia Quadro nvs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by quicksilverstud, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Failing flash drive causes windows not to find driver for hard drive

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2...LoUc1hsNy1jUBl

The only thing different from the specs in the link is that I added a pci e Nvidia Quadro nvs 310 ddr3 GPU.

I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my Dell optiplex 755 large case and when the install process got to checking for the hard drive I got a pop up window telling me I needed the driver for my hard drive controller and i couldn't get passed it so I turned my computer off and stuck the flash drive into another computer and I got the this drive needs formatted (which is odd because it was working fine before) so I use a different USB drive in the Dell optiplex 755 (the problem computer) and the USB drive was acting as it should so thinking it was just the flash drive failing,

I burned windows 10 to a disk and tried reinstalling windows that way we'll I get to the part where it's checking the hard drive controller I get the same error message about windows needs a driver that it can't find for my hard drive Soo things I've tried

Took the second hard drive out.

Took the Nvidia GPU out.

Checked the bios which displayed my ssd drive (everything looks fine)

I don't know why I'm getting this issue this is the first time I've gotten it on my Dell optiplex 755 large case.

Any ideas?

:)

quicksilverstud, Apr 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 27, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 27, 2020
  4. $immond$ Win User

Failing flash drive causes windows not to find driver for hard drive

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Failing flash drive causes windows not to find driver for hard drive

1. Failing flash drive causes windows not to find driver for hard drive - Similar Threads - Failing flash drive

2. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  3. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  4. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive: Someone gave me an old hard disk. I have an external hard drive enclosure. I put them together and plugged the external drive into my laptop. From Windows Explorer I can see the old hard disk. It has two partitions. F: and G:Recovery. The data is on the F: drive....
  6. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  7. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  8. Hard drive failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive failing?: Recently I’ve tried to acess my HP laptop running windows 10 on it after a hard restart, but when it attempts to boot from hard drive it gove me the auto repair startup. Almost immediately after it attempts to start up, it goes to black screen. I have run tests on my hard...
  9. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...
  10. Problem with Flash Drives and My External Hard Drive

Problem with Flash Drives and My External Hard Drive: I apologize if this is not in the right forum, but I am having a problem with using flash drives and my external hard drive. While saving files (like doing a back up) my computer which is an HP Notebook, the system will just drop the drive and then will find it again, and...