Windows 10: failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

Discus and support failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HP PC originally with Window 7, upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period. HDD is failing (HP error BIOHD-8) so need to replace HDD. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelBoyer767, Jul 19, 2018.

1. failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

HP PC originally with Window 7, upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period. HDD is failing (HP error BIOHD-8) so need to replace HDD. How can I get legal copy of Windows 10 on new HDD? Thanks in advance.

:)

MichaelBoyer767, Jul 19, 2018
  2. LeeBerge Win User

Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Hi Once Again

I just finished performing the steps you suggested I do in your last email to upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. I eliminated all of the temporary files and then performed a check disk on my hard drive; no errors or bad sectors were found. After doing those
    steps, Win10 failed to install again so then I went back and performed all of your suggest procedures from the past several emails all at once....disconnecting all of my external devices, doing the system file check, and then deleting all of the temporary
    files following by the check disk routine. Once again the Win10 download failed to install.

This is what happened when I tried the upgrade: I began the download from the Microsoft flag download icon in my bottom toolbar rather than using the Media Creation tool program applet that had tried several times before to upgrade windows.. The download
    preceded normally and then the computer went into the installation process. The preparing for upgrade splash panel came up and then the desktop showed configuring update for Windows 10 appeared. The upgrade got to 87% complete once again and then my computer
    went into the reboot mode. The computer rebooted back into Win 7. The Windows update panel appeared with a panel that said "upgrade to Win10....start installing the newest versions of windows". I did not get a Win 10 failed to install as I did when using the
    Media Creation tool.

As I said, the reboot took me right back into my normal Windows 7 screen which worked normally.

That's all the information I have this time around.

Lee

LeeBerge, Jul 19, 2018
  3. IanShrubb Win User
    Win 7 uplift to win10

I had upgraded my laptop to Win10 but had a HDD failure so had it rebuilt but its now back on Win 7 - can I get a free copy of win10 like i did originally?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

IanShrubb, Jul 19, 2018
  4. JayTeeHam Win User

failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

1. failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7 - Similar Threads - failing HDD Win10

2. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  3. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  4. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails: I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I also ran process to clean windows update cache files and t tried again, and it still fails. How can I exchange the...
  6. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  7. upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails: I have tried twice to uprade Lenovo thinkpad from win 7 to windows 10 but it fails migration. After purchasing windows 10 from Microsoft store I have downloaded windows 10 to a USB device just in case. the laptop has Norton active. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it...
  8. Win10 pro key from win 7 upgrade licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 pro key from win 7 upgrade licence: Hi Guys I just replace mobo and cpu. I need to reactivate I purchased win10 pro upgrade from win7 back in 2017, I still have the Order and is its in my purchase history but I can not find the key anywhere to reactivate. Logged in with my account but still wont...
  9. Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error

Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error: Hi guys I have been trying to upgrade 7pro for a day or so with no luck. First of all I tried the 'get windows 10 app' this tells me a update (KB2952664) is not installed. It was showing as failed in my update long but has since installed ok. However the app still says its...
  10. Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?

Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?: Been a long time 5+ years since I reloaded windows. Is it better to reload it and go to Win10 or Just go to Win 10 and hope for the best.... Only problem is the browsers are running a little slow and have to be restarted Gary 45754