Windows 10: Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro

Discus and support Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So a few days ago I wanted to add my new windows 10 home to a domain, but bummer for me Microsoft finds that to be a "pro" feature now so I bought the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CedricDV, Oct 19, 2019.

1. CedricDV Win User

Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro

So a few days ago I wanted to add my new windows 10 home to a domain, but bummer for me Microsoft finds that to be a "pro" feature now so I bought the upgrade. I installed it and activated it, no problems, all was working perfectly. But a day later I also thought it was time for a hardware upgrade so I pulled the SSD out of my box and inserted it into a new faster box. Everything worked fine, except, I can no longer activate windows. It gives me errorcode 0xC004F211. I'd like to insert my productkey but I don't have one because the upgrade was bought on my microsoft account and according to the guy from the MS support (which totally wasn't able to help me and cost me 30 Euro's in phonecharges) my account serves as a "digital license". Anybody able to help/advice/assist me? Thnx

:)

CedricDV, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Win10 Activation after hardware upgrade broken

I just upgraded my computer, motherboard, cpu, ram, that had previously used Win10 Pro free update from Win7 pro.

I understand that major changes have been made, but even after attempting the troubleshoot activation option and selecting the new hardware option Windows fails to connect to the authentication server.

Is there a way around this broken dialogue?

Virtual Will, Oct 19, 2019
  4. _rwhite_ Win User

Windows 8 Pro Retail => Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Fails Activation after hardware change

Hi,

I bought 2 retail licenses (one for my desktop and one for my laptop) for Windows 8 several years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade). Recently I had to change some hardware (motherboard) and I get the following error code when trying to
    activate Windows: 0xC004C003.

I have tried the following, all of which have failed.

1. Troubeshoot -> I recently changed hardware on this device (I can only see my Laptop License and not my desktop)
    2. Provided the Installation ID (via phone helpdesk) on two occasions.
    First help desk technician suggested I buy a new Windows License and the second suggested I reinstall and use Windows 8. Both suggestions from help desk are ridiculous.

How do I proceed without having to:

1. Pay for a license I should technically already have
    2. Downgrade back to Windows 8 (loose time / data)

_rwhite_, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro - Similar Threads - Failing activation hardware

2. Re-Activation failing on Windows 11 Pro after upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activation failing on Windows 11 Pro after upgrading hardware: I upgraded the hardware in my machine over the weekend then tried to re-activate Windows 11 Pro. It is was a digital license from years ago. It failed, the troubleshooting failed and then I selected "I changed the hardware...", selected the machine from the list of options-...
  3. Re-Activation failing on Windows 11 Pro after upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activation failing on Windows 11 Pro after upgrading hardware: I upgraded the hardware in my machine over the weekend then tried to re-activate Windows 11 Pro. It is was a digital license from years ago. It failed, the troubleshooting failed and then I selected "I changed the hardware...", selected the machine from the list of options-...
  4. Re-activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change: II had an HP 850 G2, which expired, but I salvaged the SSD and put it in an 850 G1, but I cannot re-activate windows 10 pro Can anyone help, please ? I have the license key etc....
  5. Re-activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after hardware change: Hello, so I upgraded my hardware in my PC and the first time I started it up no issues. Day after Windows are asking to be activated. So I go through the activation trouble shooter and in the end it tells it can not be activated at the time. My windows 10 are free...
  6. re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

re activating Win10 pro after hardware change: Hi, I need to change my motherboard soon as it is showing failures, so I will be buying a new one with CPU and Memory and I wonder if it is possible to reactivate windows without a Microsoft account as I only have a local account ? I do have a valid activation key because I...
  7. Re-activation after hardware change

Re-activation after hardware change: I recently changed motherboards, and when I booted up my computer, windows was deactivated. I am signed in to the same account I was before, and didn't change editions of windows. I have tried using the built-in troubleshooter, even choosing the "I changed hardware recently"...
  8. Activation win10 after hardware change

Activation win10 after hardware change: Hello everyone, I've recetly change some of my hardware (motherboard, CPU and RAM) and when i started pc i could not active windows again. Error code that i have is 0xC004C003. On my previus computer was (before hardware upgrade) OEM and now it is something else. I can...
  9. Re activate windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Re activate windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I changed my motherboard cpu and ram today and can't reactivate windows 10. Image below is my activation screen in settings. My product key appears to be correct based on the last few digits that is shows and what i have written down in my files before i changed hardware....
  10. Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home: I changed out a broken display panel and switched from a bad HD to a new SSD and when I installed 1803 it installed as Home and not Pro. The device appears on my account as Pro, but now I am downgraded. How can I resolve this to get back to the Win10 Pro version?...