Windows 10: Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement

Discus and support Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I changed my laptop's harddrive from an HDD to an SSD and when I tried to activate Windows it tells me "The product key you entered can't be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArjunHegde66, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement

Hi. I changed my laptop's harddrive from an HDD to an SSD and when I tried to activate Windows it tells me "The product key you entered can't be used to activate this edition of Windows. Please try a different key."

I have no idea what to do.

:)

ArjunHegde66, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Vecho123 Win User

Replacing harddrive

Hi i am replacing my HDD harddrive that contains licensed windows 10,with SSD hard drive,is there any way to get back activation license of my windows 10 after replacing hard drive

Vecho123, Jan 26, 2020
  3. windows activation error due to harddrive replacement

I upgraded from windows 7 home basic to windows 10 successfully but activation is failing. It asks to get an internet connection although I have a connection. I tried going to the store to get the product key but it didnt work. Dont know what else to
    do. I had to replace my harddrive earlier this year due to a crash and maybe thats why I cant get my windows to activate. If so, what can I do to resolve this?

Jasmin K S, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement

1. Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement - Similar Threads - Failing activate harddrive

2. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device...
  3. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device...
  4. Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.: i recently had a motherboard failure and had to move my hdd to another pc to get back up and running. I am now seeing an error saying to activate my copy of windows. This was a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on the Microsoft website so I don't have an activation code to put in....
  5. Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower

Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower: I recently upgraded some of the components of my computer. I got a new motherboard, processor, graphics card and memory. I am not going to use the previous computer and have wiped it. Windows will not activate with the same hard drive. I called Microsoft Windows 10...
  6. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement: My old PC failed so I put my hard drive into another PC. Upon booting I get a message to "Activate Windows". My original installation was done online so I don't have Product Key so how do I resolve this without having to buy a new copy?...
  7. Windows 10 activation after SSD replacement

Windows 10 activation after SSD replacement: Hello, I purchased a copy of windows 10 in 2016. Now that I upgraded my ssd, the key is not being recognized. I already tried login with microsoft account and I can't see troubleshooting button on the activation page. Please help Gabe...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 after replacing failed SSD

Can't activate Windows 10 after replacing failed SSD: Hi, My computer's SSD failed, and I just bought a SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. However, it is not activated. I originally had Windows 7, then installed Windows 8 Pro, then upgraded to Windows 10. This is all legal. However, I ran a BIOS product key checker on...
  10. Activating Windows 10 After Replacing Hardware

Activating Windows 10 After Replacing Hardware: Hello everyone! I have a question and I apologize if this has been discussed earlier. I am really confused about how activation now works with Windows 10. I hope someone can help me understand. Say I have a PC that had Window 7 with an OEM license installed, and then it was...