Windows 10: failing to add webserver as network location

Discus and support failing to add webserver as network location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I failed to add a college class webserver as network location. Once I’ve managed to add it, but then the webserver disappeared from the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ManuelJackson1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. failing to add webserver as network location

I failed to add a college class webserver as network location. Once I’ve managed to add it, but then the webserver disappeared from the network location. I tried to add it for the second time but received an error message that the folder doesn't appear to be valid. However, I know for sure that the folder is valid

:)

ManuelJackson1, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it feels frustrating when the features doesn’t work the way they are supposed to.

Let’s go ahead and try adding the network location in clean boot and check if that helps.

Note:
    Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot.

Refer the article to perform clean boot on the PC. Also, at the same
    time disable the security software to eliminate any feature of firewall blocking to add the network location.

Note:
    If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

If you are still facing issues in adding the network location then, I suggest you to post the issue on

TechNet forums
    where we have experts who have more knowledge about the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 8, 2019
  4. SW_DW Win User

failing to add webserver as network location

Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10

I attempted to add a college classweb server by using the network location wizard. It worked once, but then I tried to recreate my steps by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. When I attempted to reinstall it the second time, I now get an error message
    that the folder doesn't appear to be valid. The folder is valid and my college tech support has even remoted in and attempted to create it. Why won't the custom folder in the wizard recognize it?

***Original title: Add a Network Location windows 10***

***Moved from: Windows 10/Files, folders, & storage***

SW_DW, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

failing to add webserver as network location

1. failing to add webserver as network location - Similar Threads - failing add webserver

2. Add Network Location (Not Responding)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Network Location (Not Responding): Attempting to add an network location using that feature of Explorer in Win 10 1909 18363.720. After input of network path location and selecting Next the wizard stops becoming unresponsive, and shows in title bar (Not Responding). I have waited as much as 30 minutes but the...
  3. Add a network location

Add a network location: I have two Win 10 Pro 1909 computers on same LAN and some tasks I do on one and others on the second. Occasionally, I need to pull files from one to the other but not often. So I decided to add a specific folder on one using "Add a network location". Got the IP address...
  4. Webserver not working

Webserver not working: First of all, sorry for my bad english. I have problem, I have installed XAMPP as webserver. one month ago I get notice from windows 10 that i must update. After update, unfortunately I can't access localhost as well, it always said ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. So, I install...
  5. Add Network Location - CMD / Command Line

Add Network Location - CMD / Command Line: Is there a way to "add a network location" in CMD? The wizard tool allows for path renaming, I'd like to run a one line command similar to 'net use' that creates the share location without the drive limiter. Has anyone come across a command to do so? I believe the wizard...
  6. Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10

Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10: I attempted to add a college classweb server by using the network location wizard. It worked once, but then I tried to recreate my steps by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. When I attempted to reinstall it the second time, I now get an error message that the folder...
  7. Add a Network Location windows 10

Add a Network Location windows 10: I attempted to add a college classweb server by using the network location wizard. It worked once, but then I tried to recreate my steps by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. When I attempted to reinstall it the second time, I now get an error message that the folder...
  8. failed to access network location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to access network location: I failed to install some programs because of "not access network location *:\user\nodeJs\.” error. I use Windows 10 Home and encountered this issue while executing installation of different programs....
  9. Adding Network Locations Always Fails

Adding Network Locations Always Fails: I only have this problem with Win10 Pro x64, regardless of the version/build numbers. After making a few connections to my network location that I add, in this case a WebDAV file server for school I use, Windows will eventually decide that the location doesn't exist anymore....
  10. Add a Network Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add a Network Location in Windows 10: How to: Add a Network Location in Windows 10 How to Add a Network Location to This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information When you add a network location, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to an Internet storage location, such as a website or FTP site. A network...