Windows 10: Failing to boot; Windows 11 "EXCEPTION ON INVALID FILE"

Discus and support Failing to boot; Windows 11 "EXCEPTION ON INVALID FILE" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there! This laptop I got is around 1-2 years old. In the middle of nowhere, an error pops up and then CRASHES THE ERROR SCREEN.After restart, won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by silvxrcat, Oct 26, 2021.

1. silvxrcat Win User

Failing to boot; Windows 11 "EXCEPTION ON INVALID FILE"

Hey there! This laptop I got is around 1-2 years old. In the middle of nowhere, an error pops up and then CRASHES THE ERROR SCREEN.After restart, won't boot up. Startup Repair doesn't work, resets or shutting down doesn't work, can't get into BIOS. Now, I'm REALLY sensitive on data. Everything from apps to settings to documents, I don't want to delete it and reset my laptop entirely. And, I'm also not a tech wiz.I can still get to the options menu, yes, and here are some things that may be important:- I decided to delete Windows 10 because I needed space + I knew more updates for usage would p

:)

silvxrcat, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Invalid Boot.ini File

Lately, I started getting this "Invalid Boot.ini File, Booting From: C:\Windows\" message everytime when I boot up my system right before it gets to the Windows boot screen. Is there anyway to get rid of this message?

Flava0ne, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Invalid Boot.ini File

i assure you, it is. If it wasnt, your windows wouldnt start.

Enable the ability to view hidden and system files/folders, and it will be on your C: drive.
    The only exception is if you are booting multiple operating systems, in which case it may be on the most recently installed OS's C: drive. (and no that cant be on a formatted drive, or your PC wouldnt boot)

Mussels, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Invalid Boot.ini File

[/quote]3.) Save the file as C:\boot.ini
    4.) Reboot.
    5.) When it comes up asking what OS you want to boot from, and give you two options of Microsoft Windows XP pick the first one(or just let the timer count down and boot automatically)
    6.) If you sucessfully boot into Windows, open up the boot.ini file and delete the last line(C:\Windows\="Microsoft Windows XP")
    7.) If you do not sucessfully boot into Windows, reboot the computer and then select the second option. Then post back here for further instructions. Click to expand... I made the boot.ini file and copied and pasted what you said in it. Rebooted and loaded up first Windows XP and booted fine. Then I deleted the last line in the boot.ini file after loading up XP.

Flava0ne, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Failing to boot; Windows 11 "EXCEPTION ON INVALID FILE" - Similar Threads - Failing boot EXCEPTION

2. Windows 11 install from USB fails - "secure boot violation - invalid signature detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install from USB fails - "secure boot violation - invalid signature detected": I built a gaming PC that is Win11 compatible:Ryzen 9 3900 CPU; MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Mobo;2x M2 NVMe drives64 GB DDR4After completing the build, I went into BIOS and initialized/enabled TPM. UEFI is enabled.I reboot to the USB stick and I get an error - "secure boot...
  3. Windows 11 install from USB fails - "secure boot violation - invalid signature detected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install from USB fails - "secure boot violation - invalid signature detected": I built a gaming PC that is Win11 compatible:Ryzen 9 3900 CPU; MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Mobo;2x M2 NVMe drives64 GB DDR4After completing the build, I went into BIOS and initialized/enabled TPM. UEFI is enabled.I reboot to the USB stick and I get an error - "secure boot...
  4. Windows 11 - exception on invalid stack - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - exception on invalid stack - BSOD: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and received the following BSOD: Exception on invalid stack. I had been on the system for hours but the crash only happened once I started playing FFXIV. I'll post the dump file link below, any guidance would be greatly...
  5. Windows 11 - exception on invalid stack - BSOD

Windows 11 - exception on invalid stack - BSOD: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and received the following BSOD: Exception on invalid stack. I had been on the system for hours but the crash only happened once I started playing FFXIV. I'll post the dump file link below, any guidance would be greatly...
  6. Failing to boot; Windows 11 "EXCEPTION ON INVALID FILE"

Failing to boot; Windows 11 "EXCEPTION ON INVALID FILE": Hey there! This laptop I got is around 1-2 years old. In the middle of nowhere, an error pops up and then CRASHES THE ERROR SCREEN.After restart, won't boot up. Startup Repair doesn't work, resets or shutting down doesn't work, can't get into BIOS. Now, I'm REALLY sensitive...
  7. Exception on Invalid Stack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exception on Invalid Stack: Hello all,I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. The logo pops up like normal but after a few seconds I get a black screen of death with the error "Exception on Invalid Stack." It's getting very frustrating so any suggestions would be appreciated....
  8. Exception on Invalid Stack

Exception on Invalid Stack: Hello all,I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. The logo pops up like normal but after a few seconds I get a black screen of death with the error "Exception on Invalid Stack." It's getting very frustrating so any suggestions would be appreciated....
  9. $Boot Invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $Boot Invalid: Quiet Simply, I had an issues with a HDD of mine. My issues is now I have Windows 10 reinstalled on my SDD and have my HDD with an invalid $BOOT, according to Active@ Disk Editor. Is there a way to fix the $BOOT invalidity? The drive shows up in File Explorer, however,...
  10. Invalid login credentials on boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Invalid login credentials on boot: Hello, My Windows 10 was automatically logging me in, until recently, when it started showing me the following "The username and password is invalid. Please try again" https://i.imgur.com/BLM98pk.jpg << Screenshot Then it asks me to enter my Microsoft account...