Windows 10: Failing to open Admin Applications?

Discus and support Failing to open Admin Applications? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I was trying to open task manager to close a nonreponding app. It said, C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe Path not found. So I tried finding it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikoElbrecht1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Failing to open Admin Applications?

Today I was trying to open task manager to close a nonreponding app. It said,

C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe

Path not found.

So I tried finding it in sys32 and found it. I then tried using CMD as an admin and it didn't work and said could not find shortcut path. I tried using the default cmd and it worked.

Basically, when I try to execute an administrator app, I get a not found error, but executing cmd or other things without admin does work.

Any help?

(My account is Local and has Admin)

:)

MikoElbrecht1, Jan 14, 2019
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Failing to open Admin Applications?

Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control<br>
      to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Failing to open Admin Applications?

1. Failing to open Admin Applications? - Similar Threads - Failing open Admin

2. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open: Hi there.My computer boots to desktop and runs perfectly fine it seems but whenever I attempt to open a Windows program Task Manager, PC Restore, etc. I get this error. It occurs with some other applications too.It does not occur on Steam, Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere,...
  3. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open: Hi there.My computer boots to desktop and runs perfectly fine it seems but whenever I attempt to open a Windows program Task Manager, PC Restore, etc. I get this error. It occurs with some other applications too.It does not occur on Steam, Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere,...
  4. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...
  6. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...
  7. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Open application without admin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open application without admin?: Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run the app. Can someone help me. This needs to be done without logging onto the administrator user. (P.S I'm not trying to hack...
  9. windows admin center fails to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows admin center fails to open: Hi, I justed downloaded and installed windows admin center 1809 on a windows 10 version 1803 computer. When I launch windows admin center, the icon for windows admin center shows in the system tray for 1 or 2 seconds but then disappears. No window ever displays for...
  10. application run as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    application run as admin: Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile 2. but when my user login with domain user profile and...