Windows 10: Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.

Discus and support Failing to Upgrade Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to upgrade windows 10 (1703) to 1803 for a while now and nothing seem to be working. I have tried the .iso file, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NiklGG, Sep 22, 2019.

1. NiklGG Win User

Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.

Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade windows 10 (1703) to 1803 for a while now and nothing seem to be working.

I have tried the .iso file, windows media creation tool, troubleshooter, removed downloads from Software Distribution, tried updating while offline. I tried a cumulative update for 1703 (Update for Windows (KB4507467)) which did not work either.

Trying to avoid doing a clean install of windows as I do not want to loose my folders and applications.

Just ran windows update again and got the below code;

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-09B - Error 0x800700c1

I know the newest Feature update is 1903 but I cant even get to 1803.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Nik

:)

NiklGG, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.

1. Failing to Upgrade Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Failing Upgrade

2. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  4. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  5. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  6. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home version through the Microsoft store. I purchased the upgrade and it shows up in my order history but when I click "install" in the Microsoft store, it reaches 9% then fails with an error code: 0x80070490....
  7. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home version through the Microsoft store. I purchased the upgrade and it shows up in my order history but when I click "install" in the Microsoft store, it reaches 9% then fails with an error code: 0x80070490....
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490: I recently bought windows 11 Pro on the Microsoft Store and kept running to this error code every time I tried to install it. I've been self-troubleshooting for a while but I can't seem to fix it, here's a list of what I've tried:- windows update troubleshooter- reinstalling...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490

Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490: I recently bought windows 11 Pro on the Microsoft Store and kept running to this error code every time I tried to install it. I've been self-troubleshooting for a while but I can't seem to fix it, here's a list of what I've tried:- windows update troubleshooter- reinstalling...
  10. Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed: Hi dear friends, can anyone help me solve the issue? Thanks so much.It keeps failing the upgrade and saying somethings wrong and undoing changes of the upgrade.here attached my CBS and logs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arwox9kGKWhLhKktQKiKS5HD_xNJIg?e=J7N9i0...