Windows 10: Failing USB port or Bad Driver

Discus and support Failing USB port or Bad Driver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just recently started having an issue where one of my USB ports will consistently connect and disconnect. This only started happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr-BlakkDiamond, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Failing USB port or Bad Driver

Hey guys,

I just recently started having an issue where one of my USB ports will consistently connect and disconnect. This only started happening within the last few days and the only update I've made is updating my GPU drivers for the 30 series launch. I'm saying its the port/driver and not the device (MM800 Polaris RGB) because when I unplug the mousepad and plug it in elsewhere I don't get those issues at all.

I don't ever remember seeing a case where a GPU driver caused a USB port to crash/stop working but I'm leaving that open for interpretation because also right after the nVIDIA driver update I had to relocate one of my monitors because the display port was no longer detected so my monitor wouldn't work in that display port on my GPU.

I tried to go into the event viewer but I can't find any event of USB crashes/connects/disconnects. Im not super knowledgeable when it comes to event viewer so maybe I'm missing it. But that's where I am right now

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Mr-BlakkDiamond
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr-BlakkDiamond, Sep 28, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Failing USB port or Bad Driver [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 28, 2020
  3. usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Failing USB port or Bad Driver

USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Failing USB port or Bad Driver

1. Failing USB port or Bad Driver - Similar Threads - Failing USB port

2. All USB port failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB port failed: Hello everyone, Many times when I plug devices in USB port I have noticed report from my system "this devices may work faster if you connect it to faster port... " and finally my devices was disconnected by system. This was happened with random devices like phone, many...
  3. All USB port failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB port failed: Hello everyone, Many times when I plug devices in USB port I have noticed report from my system "this devices may work faster if you connect it to faster port... " and finally my devices was disconnected by system. This was happened with random devices like phone, many...
  4. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello, a few months ago a USB port on my lenovo laptop became unable to recognize any device that would be entered. I normally use my USB ports for peripherals such as mouse and keyboard. Checking my device manager shows Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. Following some...
  5. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello, a few months ago a USB port on my lenovo laptop became unable to recognize any device that would be entered. I normally use my USB ports for peripherals such as mouse and keyboard. Checking my device manager shows Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. Following some...
  6. USB serial port driver

USB serial port driver: Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8
  7. USB ports , drivers and Flash Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB ports , drivers and Flash Player: I have lost two drivers (or usb ports) and am unable to use flash player . These incidents have all happened right after a Windows 10 update. Not sure what to do...
  8. USB driver failed

USB driver failed: I have a external back up drive. It shows working in Device Manager. Yet all usb ports say failed. I have deleted them . Yet can't get them to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-driver-failed/59e0e301-ec26-491e-8442-6a4f8d003318
  9. USB ports/drivers

USB ports/drivers: I am unable to locate the USB ports/drivers on My Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portsdrivers/8cdddb08-78e9-4d5d-baec-eb17f0fe10a2
  10. USB ports work very badly windows 10

USB ports work very badly windows 10: usbports work very badly they eather shoot me out or are very slow to respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-work-very-badly-windows-10/09736192-e25d-4dbb-b374-0db138f88286