Windows 10: Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

Discus and support Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have many sectors failed (1186) and 400 suspect ones according to Sentinal on my Desktop HD I am running Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raffles, Sep 19, 2018.

1. raffles Win User

Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

Hi

I have many sectors failed (1186) and 400 suspect ones according to Sentinal on my Desktop HD

I am running Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7.
    If I buy another HD, how do I install Win10 on it as I only have the original Win 7 disc.

Any help or links to follow would be greatly appreciated.

:)

raffles, Sep 19, 2018
  2. legoman1 Win User

Hard Drive Fail after Win 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Win 10 through the free option, my hard drive failed. From what I read on this forum, I can obtain a new ISO copy to re-install on my new HD. The problem though is that my backup is on a Seagate Free Agent Drive that is not compatible
    with Win 10. My problem is how do I recover my data on the Free Agent. Seagate does not have a driver or updated software to work with Win 10. My computer had Vista on it which was upgrade to Win 7 Home via a purchased copy of an upgrade, From there I upgraded
    to Win 10 via the free download. How should I proceed: re-install Win 10 and go from there or reinstall Vista then upgrade it to Win 7 and then recover data from Free Agent and then upgrade to Win 10? A dilemma for sure?? Any suggestions would be GREATLY
    appreciated!

Thanks,

legoman1, Sep 19, 2018
  3. LarrieM Win User
    Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

reinstalling windows 7 on new hard drive prior to win 10 upgrade.

My wife's win 7 computer is experiencing stability issues daily. I've exhausted all possibilities and feel a clean install may be the only option. . She has already reserved a win 10 upgrade. I'd like to install a new hard drive and reinstall win 7, will
    this jeopardize the win 10 upgrade? Actually to maintain my sanity my gut says to install new drive and reinstall win 7 regardless.

BryanBeasleigh, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

1. Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD - Similar Threads - Failing Hard Drive

2. reinstall Win 10 in new HW

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reinstall Win 10 in new HW: What is the procedure to reinstall my Win 10 Pro license to a new PC and upgrade to Win 11 ProMy old PC hardware failed and was also not up-gradable to WIN 11 PRO...
  3. reinstall Win 10 in new HW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall Win 10 in new HW: What is the procedure to reinstall my Win 10 Pro license to a new PC and upgrade to Win 11 ProMy old PC hardware failed and was also not up-gradable to WIN 11 PRO...
  4. Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade

Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade: Hopefully someone can guide me in the right way. I just had my old computer flake out on me. It was set up with three 120G SSDs in a raid format for performance. Yesterday one of the drives just stopped working and my system is down. With faster SSDs I dont really need raid....
  5. How to reinstall a win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall a win 10: How to reinstall a win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-a-win-10/392a4791-30f2-4eb8-901e-19f76b4f082d
  6. hard drive/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive/ Win 10: I have an HP touch screen laptop with a bad hard drive and wanted to install a hard drive froma Toshiba with problems but a good hard drive. I want to remove everything that has to do with Toshiba from the hard drive and load Windows 10. I had tried the Toshiba hard drive and...
  7. reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.

reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.: My Hard drive recently crashed on my desktop computer. I replaced the drive with a new SSD. How do I reinstall the Win 10 on this new drive? Do I need a product Key? If so how do I get it? My existing license is active and I can use it on multiple computers, up to 10. I...
  8. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  9. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

installing Win 10 on new hard drive: Hi I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from it even though boot order was changed accordingly in BIOS. I eventually resorted to removing the hdd, after which the...
  10. Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive

Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive: I am using (for some years) a Toshiba Laptop that came with pre-installed Win 8. I upgraded this to Win 10, during the free upgrade period. Because my Laptop was becoming very slow, I have just fixed a new SSD Hard Disk Drive to this Toshiba Laptop. How do I now transfer /...